Chapter 4: The Alpha-know-it-all

Parker

I may be a clear-cut asshole but I know when to be prompt.

I'm in a large stretch of land owned, operated and inhabited by werewolves. I can't honestly believe I just thought that. I can't believe any of this. I've always hoped supernatural beings were real. Well, witches and ghosts. Witches are inherently tied to nature and the idea of people having control over the world is fascinating. Ghosts are more realistic. I have always wondered if I've seen a ghost.

I always thought I was having delusions.

It's more disturbing to know that not only are supernatural beings real but they are pissed off enough to come into the open. The wolf that attacked me at home waltzed right into the complex and attacked me.

Still, I can concentrate on the beauty of the pack land. The wolves don't exactly have the most up-to-date technology here. It's odd that this place is so beautiful and they appear to have so much money but don't have electronics. I guess it's because they're werewolves and they have this attachment to the Earth.

After all, who needs technology when you're a werewolf?

I find myself descending the stairs and heading into the foyer. I've decided I'm in the pack house. From reading and watching TV, I've come to know very few things about werewolf lore. It's just as huge as it looks from the outside. It's like a luxury lodge. The house is full of woodsy decorations, such as taxidermy and pictures of large wolves.

I stare at one in particular. The wolf is enormous with copper fur.

"He was the former Alpha, Noel." Jasar says as he appears at my side. I nod to him and look back at the wolf. He chuckles at me before speaking, "Kohl sent me to retrieve you."

"He's summoning me."

"No." He says before a sigh leaves his lips, "Yes."

"Go back to him and tell him that I cannot be summoned!" I say angrily.

Jasar sputters before saying, "The Alpha requests your presence. He asks that you meet with him."

"Did he?"

"He's interested in meeting with you." Jasar smiles.

"Fine."

Jasar turns and begins walking down a long corridor. I look around and see that the walls are decorated with paintings of wolves. To any other person, it would appear that these people have a very weird infatuation with wolves. I know differently. Jasar stares over at me before staring forward.

"He's not such a bad guy." Jasar laughs. I scoff and he continues, "He's under a lot of pressure and add what's going on with the other packs..."

"Boo-hoo." I hiss.

"Oh, come on! Cut the guy a break."

"Why?"

"Because he's been through a lot. He's well-meaning." Jasar says with exasperation.

"I'll try. Can't promise anything."

"That's all I ask." He nods.

Kohl

Parker is an absolute nightmare.

From the moment he woke up, he's been a pain in my ass. Jasar seems to regard him with amusement but I don't agree. The guy is combative, sarcastic and unpleasant. He also has a problem taking orders.