7

"I graded your test," Ms. Brun said as she walked in the middle of the aisles looking at the students. "I am disappointed," she added. I hope she was not disappointed in me. Math was not my best subject, but I often did okay in it. I frowned, I could not start failing my classes now. She then walked to the front of the class, she grabbed a file folder and took the papers out. She started passing out the tests one by one. 

I heard shouts of joys and some groans from the students. He gave CJ his paper and I peeked my eyes to see what he had gotten. He got a ninety-six percent out of one hundred. That was really good. "Highest score, proud of you," Ms. Brun whispered to CJ so no one else could hear. Fortunately for me, I had good ears. She then went giving their test back to other kids. If he got the highest score, it means I got a C or a B. I sighed and reminded myself to stop overthinking. 

"I passed," Justin said proudly when his test was handed back to him. Ms. Brun rolled his eyes. "You said if I got an A on my test, you would help me with my grades," he added. He seemed to have no problem telling the whole class about his grade problems. 

"That's because you cheated," Ms. Brun said back. 

"Mhmm," Justin replied. He did not bother denying the accusation. The whole class chuckled, I wonder if he acted like this since his father was the principle. My test was the last one, she set it in front of me. I had an F, I mentally smacked my head. I could not believe it, I studied for this tests so hard. 

"Bianca and CJ, please see me after class," she said going to take a seat on her desk. She then pulled out her book and started her lesson for the day. I was not listening to a thing she was saying. I was too busy worrying about my test score. Grades were very important to me. The bell finally rang, one by one the students exited the class. CJ and I remained seated waiting for what she wanted us for. "CJ, you got the highest score and Bianca you got the lowest score," she started walking up to our table. She had to put my business out there.

I knew I got a low score, but she did not have to let CJ know that. "Bianca, I checked your records from your previous schools, you usually do a decent job. I'm hoping your low score have to do with you missing two chapters from my class or I will have to drop you out of my class. I have a one hundred percent passing rate for the AP exam and I will not start to go down now," she said. Oh, she was one of those teachers who cared about their passing rate. 

"That's surprising," I said, "Justin cheats on his tests," I murmured under my breath. 

"He doesn't," she said. "He's a smart kid, he just likes people to believe he does stupid things," she added. That explained a lot of things. "Now although Justin is really bright, he is an assistant coach to the soccer teams and he does not have time. So, CJ you will tutor Bianca for extra credit," she ordered. She did not ask if he wanted to do it.

"What?" He asked, I turned and looked at it. He certainly did not want to do that. He hated me already, now he had to tutor me. I for one did not want him to tutor me either, he'll think I'm stupid or something. "I have after school activities also," he pointed at himself. He adjusted his glasses, "I have a job," he got up grabbing his bag. "I'll be late to class," he murmured walking to the door. 

"CJ, get your butt back in here," Ms, Brun told him. He froze as he was about to open the door. I heard him let out a deep breath and turned around walking back to his seat. "You are off on Mondays and Wednesdays," she said. I wonder what their relationship was. She seemed to know many things about him. He put his head down saying something under his breath that neither of us heard. "Do you have something to say?" She asked. He shook his head no. "That's what I thought."

"I will go now, we have YouTube, I'll learn about the chapters I missed through YouTube," I said getting up. I felt bad about forcing him to tutor me when he obviously did not want to. 

"No, CJ will tutor you," she said with a smile. I nodded my head, CJ got up rolling his eyes. 

"We can meet early this Saturday," he told me before he rushed passed me and walked out the door. 

"You want a pass?" Ms. Brun asked me. I nodded my head, I did not want detention. I found it interesting that CJ did not even ask for a pass. I guess he did not need since teachers never dared give him detention. 

"Do you have a personal relationship with CJ?" I asked Ms. Brun as she wrote me a pass. She had some sort of effect on him. 

"I don't know," she answered. "He has been my student for years now. Talented young man, he just has a rough personality and he has a rough life so can you blame him?" She asked. I shook my head no. "Don't worry Bianca, with CJ helping you, you will be passing your tests before you know it. Just don't let him scare you, he's actually really nice if you know how to get through the walls he has," she chuckled shaking her head. She handed me the pass and I thanked her. 

I walked out of the classroom making my way to my History class.

'''''

"Good practice today," Justin said as I took a sip of my water and took a seat trying to catch my breath. I have not been playing and now I know I really needed practice since I was now tired after a two-hour practice. Justin came and took a seat next to me. I looked over at him, "I realized you are not the type of girl I thought you were," he said. I huffed shaking my head. 

"You don't even know me," I told him. 

"Maybe, I thought you were one of those stuck up girls, but clearly you aren't since you kissed a guy you barely know. I guess it's time I play the game right."

"You never give up, do you?" I asked him. He could not get the hint, I did not want to go on a date with him. 

"No, I play to win," he said. 

"Fine," I said grabbing my bag and getting up. "One date, this Friday. Take me somewhere nice, pick me up at seven," I said. 

"Will do," he said. I chuckled and started walking away when I turned around. 

"Oh," I called him. He raised his eyebrow. "You are paying," I said. He chuckled and nodded his head.