26 | Chabbis

BEHOLD MY LOVES FOR I HAVE FOUND THE FACE OF TARA. CAST REVEAL OF TARA AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER*.

Also, much love to everyone who has been buying my paintings, thank you so much! I'd never thought I'd ever get such great support from you all! For those of you who haven't checked out yet, you can find my paintings at @/aashi.doodles on instagram! this chapter is dedicated to beautlies for being an amazing friend and reader! <3 

As usual, next chapter will be updated when this one reaches 70 votes!

[has anyone seen Raazi yet? can we please talk about how hot Vicky Kaushal is]

Lastly, here's Tara's mehendi vvv

26 | Chabbis

Tara panicked when she saw three missed calls from Lekh. She had completely forgotten to take her phone with her to the market. They had to get some last minute things for the wedding and it was mehendi today. The Haldi yesterday had gone really well. She had called Ramya immediately after Lekh had cut off the phone abruptly and Ramya had helped her cool her mind. She had managed to go through Haldi without overthinking or worrying much and all the vibrant women had managed to keep her mind off the tension with all the singing and dancing.

Now that today was Mehendi, Tara wanted to wrap up all her chores because she wouldn't be able to do anything after she had mehendi on her hands. The function would start in a few hours and her and Varsha had only gotten home. Varsha's parents had arrived in the morning to help out with everything and they were very jolly about it. They were extremely opposite of Indira, that's what she first thought since she didn't have anyone else to compare them with. Indira was the only mother (in-law) she had known in a long time since her own had passed away eons ago.

Tara called up Lekh without any waiting. She hoped he wasn't offended and hoped he had called because he wanted to talk and not because there was some emergency, given he had called thrice. There was also a missed call from Indira which she chose to ignore and one from Ramya and Arti each. Arti's was immediately after Indira so she guessed Indira had asked her to call Tara after her's went unanswered.

At a point during the ringing of the phone, Tara thought Lekh wouldn't pick up. She grew anxious wondering if he was angry she hadn't picked up his calls. But just when she was about to give up, Lekh picked up.

"Hello?" he whispered. He sounded normal and Tara was grateful. She immediately jumped to tell him why she hadn't picked up his calls.

"I was actually in the market and I forgot to take my phone with me. I am really sorry." She blabbered on nervously.