Chapter 7: All Hot and Bothered PART 2

Holy shit! I'm in his car, how the hell did this happen.

"Oh and it's Stan."

"Huh" he snaps me out of my thoughts.

"You kept calling me Mr. McCormick. It's Stan remember?" What's his deal? I thought he hated me. I stayed quite and just awkwardly smiled and looked back out the window.

"So which way am I going?" He has a sweet smile on his face. I try my best to keep my eyes on the road and give Stan the short directions to my apartment. The normal 15 minute drive lasted 30 minutes because of rush hour and I hated every minute of it. Every time I glanced at Stan my body burned. I started to feel like I was trapped in the car and couldn't breath.

What if I say the wrong thing? After what felt like forever we finally made it. "It's here on the right" Stan pulled into the lot and parked the car.

"Thank you for the ride home sir, I really appreciate it." I hoped out the car and look back at him." He smiles and gives me a you're welcome nod. I pause and he wipes the sweat from his forehead.

"Hey would you like to come in. I have some ice lemonade. It's the least I can do for all your help." He looks at me and gives a smirk.

"I'd love that Lori." He gets out the car and follows me inside.

"This is a pretty nice place you have."

"Thanks" I head to the kitchen and pour two glasses of lemonade. Stan makes his way to the couch. I grab a small bowl and fill it with ice. I place everything on the coffee table and sit down next to Stan.

"You can help yourself to as much ice as you like"

"Thank you, this looks great" He starts up small talk about work and how well I've been doing. I'm enjoying my time but in the back of my mind I can't focus. All I could think about while he talked was our kiss. I know it was an accident and meant nothing to him, but it meant everything to me. With the heat growing in my body I excuse myself for a moment.

"I'll be right back" I go to my bedroom and strip out of my work clothes. I put on a tank top and shorts. I go to my bathroom and splash cold water on my face. And try to shake my thoughts away.

You can do this Lori. It's just a little small with your boss, don't lose your head.

I make my way back to the living room and Stan looks different. Like he's been stressing about something.

"Can I get you another glass?" I start to head to the kitchen but Stan stops me. He grabs my hand and leads me back to the couch.

"Lori I've been meaning to tell you something all week and I need to do it now or it'll never happen." I stay quite and look blankly at him.

"I'm sorry"...huh, I look at him confused. "For my behavior this week. For what I said in my office, and for avoiding you all week."

"Sir that's not.."

"No please let me finish" he moves his hands from my hands to my arms and force me to look and listen to him.

"But you know what I'm not sorry for?"

"What" I whisper