Chapter 18: Lets Do Coffee

It's during the work week and me and Nicole just finished our lunch break. She has been going on and on about Trevor. He's all she talks about. When she goes into a rant her eyes sparkle and her smile widens. It honestly is nice to see my friend so happy. But sometimes it gets annoying when it's all she talks about.

She told me about how she built up the courage to ask Trevor out on a date and he said yes. She drove to his place and from there he drove them to their date. They made plans to go to a music festival and had a great time. But while there she got really drunk and could barely walk. When they got back to Trevor's place he refused to let her drive home and let her stay with him the night.

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes a little at that part. Knowing Nicole she probably got drunk on purpose so she could stay with Trevor while he took care of her. But I shook the thought immediately. This is my best friend, what am I saying? I'm sure she was just partying too hard like she always does and Trevor was just being an amazing guy like he always does.

But anyway she said he gave her water and medication to help with her stomach and laid her down to rest. She said he was a perfect gentlemen and even slept on the couch while she slept in his bed. She said she woke up to the smell of breakfast but couldn't even eat it because she was too hungover. And after that is when I found her doing the walk of shame to her car.

With Nicole talking about Trevor all week it made me think about him way more then I usually would. It made me wonder if they would go on another date, about how he felt about their first date, if he enjoyed it, and if he even likes her. I mean he must like her at least a little to agree to go on a date with her.

I was stuck in my thoughts like that pretty much all day. But I concluded that if my two friends are happy then I'm happy. I honestly really did enjoy seeing Nicole happy and treated so special for once, she deserves it after all the shitty dates she's had.

But I couldn't think about it too much because today I had an important meeting after work that I had to mentally prepare myself for. Once it was time to clock out I quickly gathered my stuff and headed out. I got to my car but stopped when I heard Stan's voice calling me. I turned and he seemed out of breathe.

"Lori I was calling you, you didn't hear me?"

"Oh I'm sorry I guess I was deep in thought."

"Everything okay?"

"Yea."

"You want to come over? Jamie is on some road trip with her friends and won't be back till Sunday." He says while walking up close to me and leaning in.

"Stan! Not at work, there's people around."

He chuckles a little at me. "You're right sorry." He says with a smile.

"And id love to but I have something important to take care of right now."

"No problem. Well I'll be home all day if you change your mind." He looks around for anyone watching us in the parking lot before planting a kiss on my lips. I smile while he turns and heads to his car. I get in my car and head to a coffee shop.

I sit at a table and wait for Sarah.

After a few minutes Sarah walks in, orders a coffee and sits down in front of me. I go to open my mouth but she cuts me off.

"I'm very busy and don't have a lot of time so don't waste it."

"I just wanted to talk. Mainly about... Jamie."

Sarah's eyes widen at the mention of her daughter.

"First of all I don't want you anywhere near my daughter again, I don't want some hoe being an influence on her. And secondly do you really think I'm gonna take advice about my daughter from some 20 year old?"