Free

After a total of six weeks in the hospital the doctors deemed her stable enough to go home, but she could not go to school yet.
And while they called her stable they also made sure to tell her that her condition could worsen at any time.
So over the next few days Kokomi stayed at home and caught up with homework and class work that she missed, with Saiki's help.
Kokomi still threw up a significant amount of pink rose petals but the amount of blood that came with them was lessened greatly and the thorns in her lungs rarely ever bothered her.

While visiting Kokomi at home was better than the hospital, Makoto made talking to her harder because he was always listening in.
'what a pain' Saiki thought as he used his x-ray vision to see Makoto pressing his ear to the door of his sister's bedroom while Kokomi was telling him a story from her childhood.
When she had been at the hospital Saiki would visit when Makoto would leave, but now at their home it was hard to avoid him.
Kokomi noticed his focus was not on her and grew worried, "hey, Saiki, are you listening? you seem distracted" she said nervously.
"I'm listening, but so is your brother" Saiki sent telepathically.
Kokomi looked confused so Saiki got up from his seat beside her bed and opened the door, only for Makoto to fall into the room flat on his face.
While Saiki looked bored, Kokomi looked horrified she even let out a loud shriek of surprise.
Saiki decided to head downstairs to wait it out, once again annoyed by his telepathy making listening to the fight unavoidable.

A couple minutes later Makoto came down the stairs with a defeated look slapped across his face.
He glanced at Saiki sitting on his couch opposite the TV before looking down and muttering a small "I'm sorry" before leaving the house.
Kokomi came down soon after, Saiki quickly stood up from the couch and made his way over to her.
"you shouldn't be out of bed" Saiki sent to her.
"the doctor said that it was okay for short periods of time, I just am not allowed to over exert myself" Kokomi spoke tiredly.
After confirming that she was telling the truth using his telepathy, he nodded and lead her over to the couch.

Kokomi and Saiki sat together on the couch, "I am really sorry about my creepy brother" she said apologetically.
"do not worry about it, if there is one thing I understand it is having an annoying older brother" Saiki responded using his telepathy.
Kokomi laughed remembering meeting Saiki's brother.

'i'm really hungry' Kokomi thought which Saiki of course heard.
So after hearing this and knowing that Kokomi would not say it out loud, Saiki asked Kokomi using his telepathy "are you hungry?"
Which made Kokomi smile wider and reply with a nervous nod.
As Saiki headed to the kitchen Kokomi was ecstatic 'he knew, he could tell that I was hungry!' she thought on the verge of squealing out loud.
'what a pain' Saiki thought 'why is she so scared to just say what she is thinking?'
After looking in the kitchen, Saiki confirmed that there was no food and went back to where Kokomi was sitting.
"there's no food" Saiki said using his telepathy.
"Makoto must not have been to the shops yet, we could go out and eat?" Kokomi said while beginning to get excited at the idea of it being a date.
But Kokomi could tell that Saiki was not sure about going out together.
"there is a restaurant that is just a minute walk away and has really good coffee jelly" Kokomi suggested knowing about Saiki's love for coffee jelly.

During the walk over Kokomi was overjoyed, despite having to deal with people coming up to her and saying how good it was to see her again.
After entering the restaurant Saiki led Kokomi to a corner booth where they had some privacy.
Kokomi was confused by this, she did not know whether to be happy to be alone with Saiki or sad that it seems like he does not want to be seen with her.
Saiki decided to ignore her thoughts and look forward to his coffee jelly.

Half an hour later both Kokomi and Saiki had finished their meal and now waiting on their dessert.
But Kokomi had one thing on her mind 'I wonder if Saiki will let me call him by his first name'.
Just as Kokomi was about to voice her thoughts, their desserts came.
Kokomi's face exploded into a violent blush as she watched Saiki smile while eating his coffee jelly.
Saiki looked up, spoon still in his mouth, to see Kokomi staring at him.
She quickly looked down and decided to focusl on her own dessert.

After they finished eating and payed, they started their walk back to Kokomi's house.
Finding her courage Kokomi finally decided to voice the question nagging her.
"hey, Saiki, can you call me by my first name?" Kokomi thought putting her plan into action.
'if he calls me by my first name then I can call him by his' she devilishly thought.
Giving in to her, Saiki nodded.
"then since you are calling me Kokomi, can I call you Kusuo?" Kokomi said looking down at her feet.
Again Saiki nodded when Kokomi looked up at him with a nervous look on her face.
A smile lit up her face, making the glow that constantly surrounds her get impossibly brighter.

After getting Kokomi home and into bed, Saiki decided to stay with her until her brother got home and after asking when that was found he would have to stay for two more hours.

When the time came around when he would have to turn back time on her body, the moment when Kokomi would begin to struggle to breath, never came.
Kokomi just kept talking unknowing to Saiki mentally freaking out.
He abruptly stood up, startling Kokomi.
"sorry, I need to leave" Saiki sent to her telepathically before leaving her room, shutting the door behind him and teleporting home.