a little update

Khilji kneels next to her, looking up to her tired face. She doesn't take her eyes off the moon, doesn't do anything to cover herself as she used to do.
Khilji reaches for her hand, holding it tightly. His eyes never leave hers, waiting for a reaction. He expects her to fight with him, scream her hatred for him or at least move away from his touch, but she stays still, like her spirit left her body.
"Padmavati." He calls her name again, calmer this time.
The tears she kept in for so long, finally starts to appear in her eyes. She stays silent as the hand of her that Khilji holds becomes ice cold.
He rubs her hand, trying to get it warm.
"Tell me what is troubling you and I will burn it to the ground." He says calmly and genuinely.

I know, she thinks.

She quickly wipes the tears that escaped her eyes, not looking at him. The hand of her that Khilji holds, is slightly shaking now.
  He loosens his grip, getting closer to her face while he is still on his knees. He dares to move a few strands of hair away from her face. He wants to be close to her as much as this insensible state of hers allows but as if a spark touched Padmavati, she locks her teary eyes with his.
  "How much do you love me, Alauddin?"

This was a snippet from the next chapter. 🙃 I can't publish the full chapter because it's not done yet and I have exams at the end of this month, so I can't spend time much time on writing :( and I want this chapter to be reaallly nice. just wanted to tell you guys that I will continue this story after my exams. Thank you all for reading 💕