1.

Year 1241

Louisa's POV

When I was young, I never had to leave Mont Lille, not that it really mattered to me anyway. The only thing I looked forward to was the secret meetings at the back end of Mont Lille with Damien.

Damien was a childhood friend of mine, as well as a member of the Stormguard just like Catherine due to his mageborn talents. The Stormguard are just like personal bodyguards, except they are also treated as "special police".

Catherine, Julia, Damien and I used to play together in Mont Lille after their trainings, although it really was more of them meeting up and having fun as I watched.

The only person who really seemed to care about me was Damien.

But now, I'm not even sure if he still does.

If he's even alive.

Year 1225

Damien's POV

The four of us had met up together again today, and Julia was just talking about all the events she went to with the King and Queen, while Louisa just sat there.

It pained me to see her like this. She had always remained silent because of how she was always cooped up in Mont Lille.

She had always deemed herself and unworthy and inferior, but she never noticed the only person who treasured her.

I didn't want to wait anymore. I think it's time I made a move.