F I V E

Late August, 1997 (Ages: Alice-10 Harry-12 William-15)

Alice and her brothers were saying bye to their mother, for she was heading on a vacation to Paris with her boyfriend, Dodi. Their mum' pulled us in for a group hug before leaving. They all started to run back to go inside the palace when Diana called her brothers back over to her to say one last thing.

"While I'm gone, it is your job to protect your sister and care for her. Make sure she knows how much she is loved. Got that?" They both said yes and said bye to Diana.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice's P.O.V

William, Harry, and I then set off for Balmoral Castle in Scotland. We always had fun when we were there, playing together with our cousins. It was the night of August 30th, we were running up and down the halls. Granny was sitting with Gramps and Dad having a conversation in one of the sitting rooms when they heard quick footsteps and screaming.

"Al, It's time for bed!" Harry yelled while running after me.

"Alice, come on!" William shouted while laughing.

I just so happened to run into the room where the senior royals were having a chat. Philip quickly picked me up as a was running.

"Hey, Allie!" He said as he picked me up and hugged me. William and Harry then came running in, gasping for air.

"When did she get so fast?" Harry asked while bending over with his hands on his knees, still catching his breath.

"Sorry about her." William said as he smiled and took his sister from Prince Philip's arms. Once he took me, I started to laugh. William shook his head and everyone said goodnight to me.

As we were walking back to my room. It started to storm; I was scared of storms. While William was carrying me and Harry was walking right next to us, they were in a conversation about what football team was better when there was a big crash of thunder. I immediately screamed and hid my face in William's shoulder. I let a few tears escaped.

"It's gonna be a long night." Harry remarked. William was just rubbing my back and telling me that everything was fine. I kept my face in his shoulder as we continued towards our rooms.

"Can I stay with you guys tonight?" I asked very quietly as I pulled away my face to look at William. My eyes were red and puffy from crying. He looked at Harry to see if it was okay and Harry nodded back.

"I think we can do that." William responded as he wiped the last few tears off my face with his thumb.

Once we finally got into my brother's room, I was barely able to keep my eyes open. William laid me down on one of the two queen size beds. William went into my room to get my pajamas and Harry went over to his dresser to get some too. A little while after William had left, another sound of thunder went off with a big flash of light coming in from outside the window. I got scared quite fast and screamed and rolled off of the bed and onto the floor. Harry immediately dropped what he was doing and ran over and hugged me.

"Hey, everything is okay. Shh. I'm here." Harry repeatedly told his sister

William came running in with the pajamas moments later and crutched down on the floor with us and started rubbing my back.

After a while, I was emotionally drained from crying that day. As we were sitting on the floor, I yawned and leaned against Williams chest and closed my eyes.

William and Harry put me up on the bed so my head was on a pillow and blankets were over me. They both laid next to me, it wasn't long before we were all asleep.

That next morning when we woke up, our lives would change. Our country would change. Our world would change. It would be an announcement that would shock the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey Everyone! I tried something different and decided to do this chapter in Alice's Point of View. I don't really know if I liked it that much, so I might just go back to my normal writing style in the next chapter when the children are told about their mother's death. After the funeral, there will be a time jump. Feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Did you like this chapter is Alice's P.O.V or would you like me to go back to my normal ways like in the other chapters?