Chp. 33 Friend-Zone

*Third Person's POV*
Time skip to January 16th.

Maya was awoken by a loud noise; she didn't remember turning on the alarm last night, yet the sound was not the familiar one she always dreaded on hearing in the mornings for school.

She answered the call, "What do you want?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!!!!!!!!!"

Her face fell as she realized that this is why she was woken up, "Seriously?! I was woken up at 5 am in the morning for this?!"

"I just wanted to be the first one to wish you. And now that I accomplished that, you can yell at me all you want." Riley said, relaxing her features.

Maya chuckled once she saw the message from him, "Actually, your not the first."

"What?!" Riley yelled, almost falling off her chair in her bedroom.

"Josh texted me exactly at 12 in the midnight." She said amused, "Congratulations your in second place. Now let me sleep, goodnight."

"It's not night, it's the-" Riley couldn't finish her sentence as she was cut off.

Maya sighed happily as she fell face flat on her bed and immediately fell into a deep sleep of comfort.

---

"TOOOOOOOOT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!!!!!!!!!" Chris tooted with a horn, standing near her doorway with a big smile.

Maya groaned, rolling her eyes, "Not again. Stop waking me up so early."

"It's only 8 in the morning."

"Well congratulations your in third place." Maya said, coming from her slumber with her hair all over her face.

Again, another sad face, "What?"

"Josh first. Riley second. You Third."

"Well I was going to show up at your doorstep with a confetti cannon earlier but I wanted to live. My life is more important than-" Chris was cut off with a pillow thrown at him in the face.

"You were saying?"

"Nothing just nothing, anyways the real reason I came up was cause mom was calling you for breakfast."

"Okay I'll be down in twenty."

Maya quickly brushed her teeth, took a shower, and threw on the first thing she found in her closet.

"Oh you got to be kidding me." She said under her breath as she saw what was on the table.

"Wow are birthdays really that big of a deal?" Maya asked once she sat on the bench.