Chapter ☕️x14

Sunday evening, almost 1am, I sit at home, curled up on the couch with a hot chocolate.
I stopped at Erin's for awhile, we went out for lunch at Noodles & Company, got all my stuff packed up, & now I'm back here at my house.

Watching Netflix.
Big Mouth has been my shit recently. It's a weird ass show but, it's my shit.
With hot chocolate.

For some reason it's a bit colder outside than usual, so curled up in blankets and I'm wearing sweatpants.

Gotta have fun sometimes.

Me & Jim have been texting for awhile too.
We've mostly been talking about Netflix shows & new pranks to pull on Dwight.

Jim: Oh! You know what? We could take stuff from his desk and hide it around the office!

Y/n: Perfect! But hey, before you think of anything else, I have a question for you. When would we go public about this? 😂

Jim: Um, I don't know. Let's wait a bit?

Y/n: That's actually a good idea. Everyone would go nuts. Especially Micheal.😂

Jim: Yeah you're probably right.😂

Y/n: I think I'm going to head off to bed, Monday's are always the worst.

Jim: Yeah I should too. See you tomorrow?

Y/n: Yup, ttyl😊

Jim: 😴❤️

We talk like little kids.

-

I wake up at 9:00am-

Wait.

9AM.

IM LATE.

AH.

SHIT.

I throw my blankets onto the floor as I run over to my closet.
It flies open with a pull, & I start throwing clothes left and right.

Pulling on my pants, I'm brushing my teeth & my hair all at once. I look like Big Foot as I scramble trying to get ready.

I quickly grab the keys of my counter; no time for makeup, and I'm out the door.
I get to the car & I rush off.

I get to the office, & quickly try to make my way to my desk.

Finally up, I casually walk in.

Jim's chair swivels, turning around to look at me, along with everyone else.

"The receptionist is here Micheal!" Dwight calls unenthusiastically.
I look over at Micheal through the blinds.
We lock eyes, and waves like nothing happened.

I wave back nonchalantly.

I sit down at my desk.

Jim looks over to Dwight.
"Dwight, you do know she has a name right?" He points over to me.
"Don't know, don't care. Not my concern," Dwight mumbles, flipping though a file.
"Damn." Jim whispers.

He stands up and slowly walks over to me.
"(Y/n)! What happened? Late on a Monday?"

"Yeah," I say turning in my computer screen. "We stayed up for awhile last night."

In my peripheral vision, I see Phyllis looking up at me.

Jim smiles, and says,  "Want a coffee from the break room?"
I look up at him and nod. He holds his hand out to me and I take it.
"That'd be the best, thank you."

He copies me and nods, letting go of my hand, and he heads back to the break room.

Since my slow ass 2002 computer is taking forever to load, I look around the room to see whose here.

Literally everyone but Dwight is staring at me.

"What?" I say.
Phyllis chuckles, and Meredith says, "Yup. It's obvious."
"Y/n's dating Jim!" Kevin blurts.

Out of no where Micheal jumps out of his seat and heads to my desk, enthusiastically.
Jim comes out of the break room holding my mug.

"Is it true? Oh my god how's the sex?"

The whole office groans in disgust.

"Micheal that's gross," Angela says.
"Okay yeah, well, the party planning committee is too and I didn't say anything." Micheal says back.

Jim sets my coffee down and gives Michael the most disgusted look in the world. Trying not to laugh, I cover my mouth.

"Micheal, we aren't dating." Jim looks down at me and itches his arm.

Dwight stands up. "Yes, he didn't make I contact with you. And he's fidgety. Micheal, Jim is lying. And he just held her hand endearingly."

I stand up, because I can't take it anymore and I really have to laugh.

"Yes! Okay yes! It's official! We're dating!"

Everyone else stands up and starts celebrating.
Andy points to Creed and yells, "I TOLD YOU SO!"
Erin comes running up to me and gives me a hug.
"Eee! It's a miracle!"

I look over at Jim, who coincidentally being bombarded with hugs from Micheal and Andy.
We meet eye contact and start laughing.

Dear god I haven't even had coffee yet.