Chapter 23 - Irresistible

Eleanor's POV

I woke up to the sunshine hitting on my face. I turned my head towards Asher who was sleeping beside me on the bed. His head buried into the pillow, his arm wrapped around me. I ran my fingers through his hair.

I sighed, staring at the ceiling. Last night was incredible and full of passion. But I regretted it. I should not fall into his trap again. I felt vulnerable around him. I couldn't resist his irresistible charm. I didn't understand how he managed to sweep me off my feet every time.

I pulled his arm away carefully without waking him up and got up. I picked up my clothes and put them on. I tiptoed out of the bedroom quietly. I grabbed my bag and left.

When I looked at my phone, there were ten missing calls and two messages from Jane.

'Ellie, are you okay?'

'Is everything okay? Call me. I am worried.'

Shit!

I forgot to inform Jane that I was going to stay at Asher's. I breathed deeply, placing my phone on the passenger seat and started my car.

As soon as Jane opened the door, she asked, giving me a mischievous smirk. "Tough night? Huh?"

"Jane!" I warned her, blushing and averted my gaze.

I placed my bag on the centre table and collapsed onto the couch.

"Someone marked his territory." She commented, grinning and pointed to my neck.

"What?" I asked, placed my hand on my neck reflectively.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I closed my eyes, cursing under my breath. I opened my eyes and looked at the hickey again.

"Fuck!" I hissed as I noticed my necklace was missing.

"What happened?" Jane asked, giving me a questioning look.

"My necklace. Shit! I dropped it in his penthouse." I closed my eyes, running my hand through my hair. "Ugh!"

I took a shower and changed my clothes.

After dropping Romeo off the mansion, I went to Asher's company.

As I walked in his office, he approached me, giving me a charming smile. When he wanted to kiss my lips, I pulled back. He looked at me, confused.

He frowned as he asked, annoyed. "What happened? We were good last night, even magnificent. What has changed? Why did you sneak out?"

 What has changed? Why did you sneak out?"

"Last night was a mistake. I couldn't think straight; I was overwhelmed, but it will not happen again." I replied firmly.

"Are you sure, Juliet? I remember you had told me the same things before, but last night you went back on your words." He stated arrogantly. "Your soft moans are still repeating on my mind." He added seductively, looking into my eyes with dark eyes.

"Asher!" I clenched my fist.

"Accept it, Juliet. You fucking love me as much as I do. We can not stay away from each other. We attract each other like magnets." He declared while moving closer to me, undressing me with his lustful eyes.

I stepped back and warned him. "Stay away from me!" I breathed in deeply and added. "My father was right; I shouldn't trust you in the first place and get into a relationship with you."

"Yeah, you should have listened to your father." He commented provocatively and trailed his fingertip along my lips, sending shivers down my spine.

I gulped as I felt uncomfortable tingling between my legs.

"I shouldn't have trusted you." I murmured. My heart was pounding.

"You didn't trust me, baby." He whispered in my ear.

His breath fanned on my neck. I closed my eyes in sensation. He pulled back a little and plunged his dazzling eyes into mine. He placed his hand on my heart.

"You trusted your heart." He said and claimed my lips in a possessive kiss.

He pulled back and said huskily as he leaned his forehead against mine. "You can not vanish me from your heart, Juliet. Never!" He cupped my cheek. "I got under your skin. Don't forget it. I am your poison running through your veins. You can not get rid of me. Don't even try it. You are mine and I am yours. Nothing can change it." He murmured, placing several kisses on my neck.

He cupped my cheeks and smashed his lips against mine.

I placed my hands on his chest while he was devouring me with his skilled lips.

As we were out of breath, he pulled back.

"Umm...my necklace...I dropped it in your penthouse." I mumbled.

His expression changed. He pulled back as he gritted his teeth.

"Yeah...that..." He muttered, annoyed.

"Oh, you found it." I said smiling. "Is it here? Give me it back." I added.

"No, I will not." He informed, placing his hands into his pockets.

I gritted my teeth. "Asher, give me my necklace." I snarled.

"Is it precious to you?" He asked, plunging his piercing eyes into mine.

"Yes. So precious." I replied.

He gritted his teeth. "I am sorry for you then. Because I am not planning to give it back to you." He said arrogantly and left without letting me say anything.

"Wright!" I shouted, clenching my fist.

Asher's POV

I stopped my car in front of Eleanor's penthouse building. I planned to spend this weekend with her. I was going to tell her that we had to check the mall construction. I had booked a suite in the hotel closer to the place. If we stayed alone, I would have a chance to soften her up.

I knocked on the door, placing my hand into my pocket.

Jane opened the door, holding a baby boy in her arms. As she saw me, her eyes widened. But I ignored her expression as I looked at the baby, confused; he looked like me. Like he was....

No, Asher. He isn't. You know it.

"Hi

"Hi." She mumbled nervously.

"Umm... Hi." I mumbled, still looking at the baby. I cleared my throat and asked. "Is Ellie home?"

"Umm... No. She went to the supermarket." She replied.

"Ok, I will wait for her." I said and walked in. She tried to refuse, but she didn't continue as she understood that I wasn't going to listen to her.

She followed me. I looked around; there were toys, baby stuff everywhere. Doubt crossed my mind.

Is it possible that he is...

"The baby?....Whose baby is he?" I asked, staring at the baby.