Chapter 32 - The world at your feet

Eleanor's POV

I was watching Asher who was laying beside me on the bed. I trailed my fingertip along his cheek, smiling.

We were in Dubai. We wanted to stay away from paparazzi and enjoy spending some time alone with each other.

We had been here for two days. Two peaceful, romantic, passionate days. We went to the beach, enjoying the perfect spots for a romantic rendezvous and witnessing the sun, set far into the sea, riding camels in the desert.

"Good morning." He said with his sleepy voice, rubbing his eye.

"Morning." I smiled and planted a chaste kiss on his lips.

When I pulled back, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He rolled us over and held my hands above my head, kissing me passionately. I moaned in sensation as he disappeared under the cover.

I put on a mini black dress and applied light makeup. Asher walked in while putting on his jacket. When he saw me, he roamed my body from head to toe, whistling.

"Stunning!" He exclaimed huskily without taking his eyes off me while devouring me with salacious eyes.

"You are not so bad yourself." I said mischievously.

He approached me and wrapped his arm around me. He placed his hand on my stomach and stroked it gently. I placed my hand on top of his hand on my stomach and gave him a bright smile. He placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Let's go." He held my hand and headed us out.

We were in Burj Khalifa. At a staggering 828 meters, it was currently the tallest building in the world. We had an absolutely incredible view of Dubai from all angles. We had a bird's eye view of the world, and from the outdoor observation deck I felt like I was flying.

"Do you like it?" Asher approached me from behind and whispered in my ear.

"It is breathtaking." I exclaimed in awe.

His fingers brushed against my skin as he placed a soft kiss on my neck.

As he pulled back, I turned around.

"It..." I couldn't finish my sentence as I gasped in surprise, covering my mouth with my hand.

Asher bent down on one knee in front of me, looking into my eyes. He looked nervous. He opened the box that he was holding in his hand. There was an antique diamond ring in the box, shining brightly. It had been set with a good white one carat diamond. It was surrounded by twelve well-matched small white diamonds with a small diamond on each shoulder, displaying an impossibly bright and dazzlingly white glow.

"Ash..." I murmured.

"I know you're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. The whole world as my witness, I promise you to do everything to make you happy and keep you safe all my life. I lay my heart at your feet. Everything I have is yours! My heart, my mind, my soul and so on. Just marry me. Be mine forever!" He said, looking into my eyes, pure of love in his eyes.

"I just want you, Ash." I confessed while tears of joy ran down my cheeks. "Yes, I will marry you." I gave him a wide smile.

He sighed, relieved and smiled happily. He slid the ring on my finger. I looked at my ring shining brightly on my finger.

Asher straightened and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"I am yours." He said huskily and brushed his lips against mine, kissing me tenderly.

We were flying back on Asher's private jet. It had been the best two days of my life.

I rested my head on his shoulder while his arm wrapped around my shoulder. I was watching my ring, smiling happily. It was his grandmother's ring. His grandfather proposed to her with this ring. They loved each other so much. So it was a special ring.

He placed a soft kiss on my hair. I beamed at him and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. I nuzzled up against his chest. I felt so happy.

****

I was in my fiancé's office. My fiancé. I still couldn't believe that we were getting married. It felt like a beautiful dream.

I was waiting for him to finish his job. We were going to have lunch together. I was staring at him while he was working. He had a serious expression on his face. He looked so handsome. My handsome CEO. I loved this man so much.

After coming back, we told our parents that we were getting married. My father wasn't happy when he heard about this news, but he didn't protest. But I felt he was furious, but he tried not to show.

My mother wanted to invite Asher for dinner, trying to make peace between Asher and my father. But my father totally refused.

Asher told me to give my father some time to accept our relationship and added that when my father understood that he really loved me, my father would soften up.

My phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. I pulled my phone out of my bag. It was Nancy. She took Romeo to the park.

"Hey. How is my boy?" I asked happily as I picked my phone up.

"Ms. Miller...." She murmured in a shaky voice, sobbing.

Oh...no....

My heart skipped a beat. What was going on? I got worried.

"Nancy, what happened? Is Romeo okay?" I asked, terrified and stood up.

Asher stopped working as he noticed that something was wrong. He stood up quickly and approached me.

"Ellie, what happened?" Asher asked, placing his hand on my back, looking at me anxiously.

"...We...were...in the park..." She said while crying.

My legs were trembling. I couldn't feel well.

"Someone attacked me....and kidnapped....Romeo." She informed me while crying.

My heart tightened.

What? My boy.

My phone slid down from my ear and dropped on the floor as my hands started shaking. I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.

Suddenly, my head spun. Asher caught me quickly by wrapping his arm around my waist.

"What happened, Ellie?" He asked, worried, placing his hand on my cheek.

"....Romeo..." I muttered as tears ran down my cheeks.

His expression changed. He looked at me, frightened.

"What happened to Romeo?" He asked, full of worry and fear in his eyes. His voice was barely audible.

"...Someone kidnapped him..." I murmured, crying.