17

By the time Calum and I returned home, it was around one in the morning and the house was dark.

He led me inside- both of us exhaling, happy that our visitors were gone.

We went into the living room, and I immediately saw Luke laying on the couch, his phone screen illuminating his face.

"Kicked to the couch?" Calum snorted out.

"Yeah- just until she gets out of her mood, and Ashton wouldn't let me crash with him, so I just chose the couch" He exhaled.

We all knew he wasn't going to sleep with Michael- he hogged all the blankets.

"I wish you the best of luck, mate" Calum laughed out, ruffling his hair before disappearing down the dark hall.

I felt bad.

"You okay?" Luke asked me, setting his phone on his chest, turning his full attention to me.

I nodded lightly.

"Come on" I mumbled, pulling the blanket off of him.

"What?" He questioned quickly.

"Come on" I repeated, pulling at the blanket again.

"Where are we going?" I saw him smiling through the darkness.

"You're not sleeping on the couch, come on" I declared.

"Vanessa- it's really fine baby-" "please Luke, just let me be nice" I whined out, hearing him laugh.

"Someone's in a whiny mood" he spoke quietly, moving to his feet.

"Don't push it"

I led him upstairs and into my room.

He followed me, turning off my bedroom light as he entered

I crawled under the sheets, feeling him do the same, pulling me into his chest.

This was the closest I had been to a guy in years.

And surprisingly

I was comfortable- almost more comfortable than being alone

I let my head relax onto his collarbone, feeling him kiss my head gently.

"Thank you, pretty girl" he spoke into me.

"Don't thank me, I'm sorry the argument happened in the first place" I spoke.

"You're not the one who should be apologizing- there was a better way for both of us to handle that, and we didn't do it correctly."

I blinked into him, feeling more and more tired.

I felt him pull the sheets more onto my body, keeping his arms around me.

"God you and your mother" He exhaled, his body relaxing

"Will both be the death of me"