08

As asked to, Melissa is headed to La Push. She is driving Esme's Pontiac. With her permission. She only stopped once, at the diner in Forks for food. Here lately, the newly discovered hybrid has only wanted human food.

Melissa parks the car behind Emily's jeep and she steps out. Jared is now leaning against the porch railing.

"Ah, you leave here a vampire, come back a none phased hybrid." Jared comments as she steps onto the porch.

Melissa rolls her eyes and laughs, nonetheless. "Kim's lucky you imprinted on her."

She winks at the shocked wolf before walking inside. Paul perks up a little at the sight but he doesn't pay him attention as she walks up to Sam.

"You wanted to see me?" She asks.

"I wanna know that you still will abide by the rules of the treaty, even if you're literally apart of both sides." Sam claims.

"Yes, I will." Melissa replies. "I am much like Carlisle; but I have tasted human blood. It makes me sick. Plus, here lately, all I've wanted to eat was human food. Enough for a century."

Sam smiles at this. "Emily, whip this girl up dome food."

Emily smiles at Melissa and she wanders off.
----

"There's a storm tomorrow." Jasper tells Melissa as they sit in the living room.

"Ok, and?" Melissa questions as she sips her coffee.

"The family can only play baseball during thunderstorms, would you like you join us?" Jasper asks. "Your first family outing."

"You'll be there, right?" Melissa asks.

"Mhmm, I wouldn't miss it." Jasper drapes an arm around her shoulder. "Baseball is America's favorite past time, after all."

Melissa rolls her eyes but she cannot stop the smile from forming as Jasper opens up a historical magazine. The hybrid leans over, and she skims the pages with him.

Sorry again for another short, filler chapter. Hope you're enjoying this book so far if you're reading this.