Varric x Y/n Rain that reveals the hidden scars

This chapter does mention cutting.

I reread the chapter and I have a comment to make. I have improved as a writer quite a bit. I haven't experienced self-harm and I apologize if it seems like I glorify it or make it seem not as serious as it actually is. Please tell me if any of my writing have offended or doesn't quite seem right. I can't speak from experience for self harm but I can speak from experience of mental health.

Y/n Pov,

I stand on my balcony letting the rain drench me. I look up and close my eyes and take a deep breath in. I put my head back down and I let out a deep breath. My hands rest on the side railing as the rain makes a pitter and patter noise all around me.

"Y/n? Come back inside and change into some nice dry clothing this instant." Solas said as he was holding a folded pair of clothing.

"Fine, I'll get on inside and change," I mutter as I sluggishly walk inside and take the clothing out of Solas's hands.

Solas walks out of my room and I slowly begin to change to the dry clothing.

"It was pretty peaceful standing in the rain. I practically lost myself in the comforting sounds of the rain sounds," I say to myself as I finish buttoning up my shirt.

"Hey Inquisitor, *knock knock* I'm walking," A voice said as I was in the process of putting my pants on.

Varric walks up the stairs and he sees me tangled up in my clothing and with drenched hair. Varric looked as if he had run in the rain.

"Well hi," Varric said as he turned away with a smirk on his face and confidence filled in his voice.

"Peachy..." I mutter as I was finally able to fix my clothing. "You can turn around now Varric."

Varric turns towards me and makes a gesture to the balcony.

"I just got back in here from standing out there for the Maker only knows how long. Or at least until Solas told me to head back inside," I giggled.

Varric just rolls his eyes at my comment and he holds his hand out for me to grab it. I gladly grab his hand and we walk out to the balcony with the rain pouring down on us. I look up to the sky and close my eyes. Varric must have noticed because he cleared his throat to get my attention.

"You know Varric, I've always enjoyed the rain and especially when it's storming out. I love storms, it calms me down and it reminds me of how I feel on the inside." I say as I turn towards Varric.

"*Grabs my arm and inspects it* Figured as much. You know Y/n, you can go to me whenever you need me. You don't need to punish your skin in any way because you feel as if that's the only way you feel in control." Varric said with a hurt tone in his voice.

"I know, *pulls the arm back* I know that I can turn to you Varric. These scars on my wrists are from my teenhood. I hated how I looked and I hated how all the kids picked on me. But the recent ones are from the days that I feel at my lowest. I've tried other methods to cope but it never worked. I was clean from a few years until I became the Inquisitor. That is when it came back up," I said as tears rolled down my face with the raindrops.

"Hey, don't do that. There's no need for that. It hurts me to watch you walk around the place feeling the way you are now. No one knows this except Hawke but I actually have a soft side, I just prefer to hide it. You don't need to pretend you're ok just because of your title. There are times when everyone has to show weakness." Varric stated when he placed his hand over mine.

"Thanks Varric, you have no idea how much that touched me," I said as I over to leaned to Varric's cheek and kissed it then went back inside.