Engagement + Advay and Riddhima talk

Plz note that om and riddhima got engaged in the last chapter, on the stage in the lohri festival

.

.

.

That night:

Advay and Gauri finalized the date of the engagement and wedding with Buamaa. Gauri just wanted a quick wedding. Once that was all done, Gauri went up to Om who was sititng on a chair, lost in his thoughts.

Gauri: tomorrow it is mine and advay's engagement and the day after tomorrow will be the wedding. It would be great if you would come so that you can see that I have moved on from you.

Om stood up, shocked and hurt as Gauri was about to turn her back to him.

Om: Gauri, are you mad or what? How can you marry someone in a haste? Marriage is such a big step and you decided to marry Advay in two days?!

Gauri: my life, my decisions. Also you were the one who got engaged to Riddhima in a haste. Anyway, who are you to tell me what to do?

Om: Gauri, can't we just restart everything? I know advay isn't right for you.  I can see it in his eyes that he won't take care of you! And I can see it in your eyes that you are not happy with this relationship. Gauri I know that you can't live without me

Gauri: I can live without you and anyway how can we restart everything? Can we go back to the day we made Viren? The day of mine and Kaali Thakur's sangeet! You was so busy accusing me of being a gold digger and getting in the way of a marriage. Did you ever stop for one minute and see the pain in my face? Did you ever stop for one minute and see the hurt in my face? My chacha and my chachi forced me to marry Kaali Thakur....I was sold to Kaali Thakur! Kaali paid them for me. I begged, I pleaded, I cried, I screamed but....but my pain was unheard. All my chacha and chachi told me was that they are finally getting rid of me, the illegitimate daughter, the mistake! The day of that sangeet, you got drunk and you had sex with me! I ran from Kaali and you married me, taking me home so that village wouldn't kill me. I thought at that moment maybe you cared a little for me but...but I was wrong. Your family, at first, cared for me. I hadn't experienced care in so long but you took that from me! You told them about the so called crime I did of destroying a marriage. At least bade bhaiya and Anika Bhoojal still gave me some of the love I craved for. Money? I never wanted money. Love? I wanted love, I craved for love only. Ever since I gave birth to each of my kids, they has always made sure to give me as much love as possible....all three of them but....but I always wanted to have your love too, I craved for my so called husband to love me but how could he when he loved another? You can marry Riddhima. Marry her and at least keep her happy. I will marry Advay and give my kids the father they craved for. They deserve to have love from a father figure and I guess Advay can give it to them.

She turned, walking to leave when Om grabbed her hand.

Om: toote-toote khaaban wich disda ae tu, mainu shad ajjkal kisda ae tu. Tere baajon mera koi hor taan nayi, haal mera aake kyun nai puchda ae tu.

Gauri felt her eyes stinging, she managed to make Om let go of her hand and then she went till she disappeared from Om's sight. 

...

On the other side of the lohri festival:

Aarti: Aadhira, here.

She kept a small piece of paper in Aadhira's hand.

Aadhira: what's this?

Aarti: Om Chachu's number. I went on mum's phone and copied it down. If you need to contact him, just dial this number.