Chapter 54 | Apologies

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 54 | Apologies

Luna Oswald was unconscious for a week.

Alpha Horton completely snapped out from his wolf's possession once he had already marked his mate.

It was already too late for regrets.

Well he didn't regret marking her but the timing was wrong. He wanted to apologize first, he wanted to let his mate know how sorry he is, how much he wanted to change for her, how much he needed her in his life because he...loves her.

The regret that he feels is like a bitter pill that he is forced to swallow every single day.

Alpha Horton wants to start over but its not going to be easy, especially now that he has marked her and soon, her heat will come.

Alpha Horton immediately hardened at that thought and he pinched his muscular thighs hard as he began to berate himself from having such perverted thoughts towards his mate.

He's now sitting on a chair beside his mate, waiting for her to wake up.

To apologize and to....see and feel the mate bond at this close range.

Alpha Horton knows that he is shameless but it has been so long. Now he finally has his mate back in his arms, there might still be misunderstanding but he knows that there's a chance.

Their mate bond will make it so.

The Moon Goddess wanted this.

"Rosaline," Alpha Horton whispered as he held her hand. Alpha Horton began to feel the tiny and pleasurable sparks as it spread from his fingers to his whole body. He slightly shivered in delight as happiness flashed inside his eyes.

He likes this feeling.

But soon dread began to fill his heart up. He knows that he had caused his mate displeasure, it's not going to be easy trying to make it up to her but he will do it, he can do it.

"Please wake up." Alpha Horton said as he caressed her hand. His eyes were involuntarily drawn towards the mark that he made and he can feel his wolf growling in satisfaction.

'This is his mark. His mate now carries his mark.' This thought ran though Alpha Horton's mind repeatedly when he felt the Luna Oswald's hand moving.

He looked down and his silver colored eyes connected with indigo ones. Happiness filled his whole being but it suddenly deflated when he saw his mate's look.

"I—" Alpha Horton began.

"Let go of me." Luna Oswald said as she tried to escape from his touch.

Alpha Horton flinched at her tone but he still stood up and went to fetch a glass of water. Luna Oswald took it silently and Alpha Horton smiled at his mate's acceptance, even if it's just a glass of water, his mate still accepted it from him.

'If I deliver myself to her, will she also accept me?' Alpha Horton thought to himself.

"Leave."

That one word shattered Alpha Horton's fantasies.

He looked at his mate with pain in his eyes but Luna Oswald paid him no mind as she continued to look outside of the window.

Alpha Horton took one last look at her and silently left.

She can feel the emotions of her pack through the pack bond and knew that her pack already knew the truth.