Chapter 31

Aspen's POV

I wrapped my arms around my belly protectively and stood. Two other men walked in, leering at me. The man with the gun grabbed Logan and nodded to the two men. They grabbed him and started dragging him towards the door. The leader of the men turned to me. He was handsome and seemed mannerly,  only if he wasn't a mafia lord. He grinned at me with a leer and touched my belly. Drawing in a quick breath, I moved away. "Logan...you never told me what a beauty she is." He grabbed my arm roughly and I cried out, "Let go of me!" Logan growled and fought against his captors. "Don't hurt her!" The man rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers. A man punched him and I screamed, "Stop it! Stop it! I'll go! Don't hurt him!" I tugged on the man's hand and he smiled. They stopped and I whirled to the leader. "Who are you?" He gave me a grave smile and then smiled, "Your boyfriend calls me Boss..but I am Noah." I shivered and moved towards the door. I waddled down the stairs and whirled on Noah, "Where are my parents?!" Noah shrugged, "I've been watching your house..they're gone." Tears welled in my eyes and Logan fought against his captors. "Let me come to her! I won't do anything, please Boss!" I wiped my tears, "I'm fine! It's just hormones. Please....don't hurt him." Noah smiled at me indulgently, wiping a tear away. "I won't darling." He offered his hand and I bit my lip, glancing at Logan who nodded. Taking his hand, I followed him to a limo. I slid in and sucked in a deep breath. Logan fidgeted on his bonds and paled, "Boss please leave her out of this...she's pregnant.. and due soon." I waved a hand, "I'm fine, just a little sore. Please just drive." Noah picked a nail then signaled to the driver. I looked out the window with a slight frown when a pain in my back seized me. "Ooo." I murmured under my breath then looked at Logan, who seemed in pain. I glanced at Noah and sighed, "I would feel so much better if Logan was untied.." I stretched, rubbing my belly. Noah smiled at me sadly then shook his head, "Because you look so beautiful and pregnant....I'll let him free. Only until we get to the warehouse though." I gave him a bright smile and waited for one of his assistants to untie him. He scooted over to me and laid a hand on my belly, rubbing comfortingly. "Baby...are you ok? Please tell me you and Lindsay are ok." I nodded slowly and laid on his chest, "I think I'm fine." Noah picked up his phone and sighed, "Logan..Logan..Logan..I warned you that if this mission wasn't complete..things would happen." Logan wrapped his arms around me, "You said that I had until Lindsay came. Why are you taking us now?" Noah steepled his fingers and nodded thoughtfully. "Well..I did..didn't I? You should have known I wouldn't keep my promise." He laughed and shook his head and  I blew out a breath, "Can we just get there already? My back is so sore." Noah chuckled and nodded to the driver. Closing my eyes, I rubbed my belly. Logan whispered in my ear, "Baby...you're not ok..are you?" I opened my eyes and tried to push aside the pain. "No, no babe, I'm fine." I held his hand and gave him a weak smile. Tears filled Logan's eyes, "I'm so sorry..I should've never brought you into this. This is all my fault." I touched his cheek and kissed him, "Stop...this is not your fault. Everything is gonna be ok."  Logan shook his head tiredly, "No...no it's not." He squeezed my hand and looked out the window. "Promise me if anything happens to me, you'll take Lindsay and live..for me. Please." I paled and nodded, kissing him again. "I promise...but you're scaring me." He kissed me gently and smiled grimly, "I'm sorry."

Silence took over the limo and fifteen minutes later, I waddled slowly into the warehouse. My mouth hung open as  I gazed up the stairs. Noah gripped my arm and yanked me downstairs.  I gasped and followed him. Noah flung me on a chair and I gasped, gripping my belly. "Logan..where's Logan?" Noah nodded and a bruised and bloodied Logan was brought in by two guys. "Kyle...Liam...meet Aspen. Logan's girl." They snarled at me and I screamed, "Leave him alone! He didn't do anything! He doesn't know anything! Please Noah leave him alone!" I rushed over to Noah and pulled on his arm and he turned, slapping me. I gasped and rubbed my cheek, "Aspen, don't get into stuff that will get you hurt." He snarled and I whimpered, backing away.  Logan writhed and squirmed, "Leave her out of this!" I gasped and looked down at my legs. "Logan...Logan..I think my water just broke." Noah whirled to face me and I squinted, trying not to cry. "Let me go! She needs me!" Logan shouted. I gasped and sank on the chair, breathing heavily. "Please Noah..don't hurt him.." Noah nodded and Logan fell to the ground. He hurried over to me and touched my belly, "How are you feeling? Baby girl you're gonna be okay." I whimpered through a contraction then breathed. "She's not coming right now...the contractions are five minutes apart." Noah rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "Well this is all well and good but Logan, we have a deal and when you tell me what you know..you can go free." Logan looked up and sighed, "There are spies around the city for the Ricci family...I don't know who they are or what they want. Please let me take her to the hospital. She needs help and I finished our deal. You owe us." Noah whipped out a gun and I gasped. Logan shielded me and narrowed his eyes, "Put that away please...I kept my end of the deal." Noah laughed and shook his gun, "Do you think I care that you kept the end of your deal? You should've died a long time ago. You know..this entire time this mission was here to kill you and you didn't die. I think I'll just end this right now." He pulled the trigger and Logan collapsed, a hole in his chest. Screaming I applied pressure, "Logan baby..you'll be ok. Everything will be ok..stay with me baby I need you. Please baby..I love you." Logan coughed and touched my cheek, "I....l-love..you." His eyes shut and his breath slowed. Tears slipped down my cheeks, a contraction seized my belly. "Baby please..." He stopped breathing and I screamed, tears falling and blurring my vision. "You did this! You killed him! You..ah!" I  screamed at Noah then grabbed my belly and Noah yanked me up, "You better stop before I kill you too." I gasped and he pulled me out of the warehouse and into a car. I sobbed and laid in the back, "How could you kill him?! He didn't do anything! He l-l-lov-v-ve-ed-d m-me." A man snarled and drove off. Feeling faint,  I blacked out.

^^^

Hehehe did anyone expect THIS to happen?!?! Wow like this was the hardest chapter to write. I really did love Logan..he was a sweetheart and a bad boy...I'm sorry all Laspen lovers but it's Caspen all the way!!!!!! Ah well what does mean that book 2 has in store!?!?! I'm so excited to share it with you guys! Keep reading, commenting and voting my lovelies!!

xoxo writing_princess16