thirteen

we got into the uber again, we were going straight to the airport. finneas and claudia were both crying as claudia had to go home, but they would be seeing eachother again in two months.

billie was in a great mood, smiling at everyone for a change, even stopping to talk to press once.

"you're in a good mood." i grinned as she hopped into the uber next to me. "how could i not be?" she replied, grinning back and grasping my hand. the sun shone in on us through the window. it was like the weather was controlled by her emotions. the rays heated up her cheeks which i held in my hands, giving her a little peck on the lips before everyone else got in.

"are you happy, billie?" maggie smiled, turning around, probably relieved she wouldn't be tired out by her complaining about coming out anymore.

"couldn't be more happy." she showed her huge.

as soon as maggie turned back around, billie grabbed my chin softly and kissed me back, catching me by surprise. we both smiled to ourselves as we sat back in our seats and did our belts.

"about an hour drive to the airport, folks." we heard the driver say.

billie put her earplugs in, took a deep breath and closed her eyes and let her head fall on my shoulder. i leaned my head on top of hers and just looked out the window the entire time, thinking if how lucky i was to be me.

**

we arrived at the airport and all went to the back of the uber to grab our bags from the boot, though i just helped with billie's because i had literally no belongings of my own.

as soon as we got inside there was a huge crowd of people wearing billie's merch and holding pieces paper.

"fuck." she let out, startled, grabbing my arm and pulling me behind her. "mom, take joey to security with dad and ill stay with fin." she said hurried, moving me from behind her to maggies arms. we briskly walked away and billie called,"hello, loves!" with her arms open and they all screamed and rushed her way, making security do their job.

"how long do we have to keeping hiding you?" maggie laughed as soon as we reached security, rubbing my shoulder.

"i don't know." i didn't know if i should bring up the fact that billie had talked to mike about it.

we managed to get through security without anyone noticing maggie or patrick.

i felt sort of out of place with maggie talking to the team on the phone and patrick doing something on his laptop. i didn't deserve to be here.

i pulled out my phone to see a message from one of my internet friends. i had trusted her with everything in my life before, there was nothing we hadnt told eachother. i felt so bad for not telling her everything that had happened over the last few days.

billie.e.owns.me
hey joey what's up

fartyfingerss
nothing really
wby

i was startled by two hands grabbing my shoulders. billie leaned to the side of my head and said "hello, angel"

she made me smile.

"billie, you have an interview in paris on tuesday." maggie said, quickly pulling her phone down from her ear then putting it back up and continuing talking.

"what day is today?" billie whispered in a goofy voice. "sunday." finneas laughed, sitting down with us.

"flight 65 to paris boarding in ten minutes" was played over the intercom.

maggie told the person she was on the phone to that she had to go, thanked them then hung up. "we should start getting ready. we're all on first since billie cant be out in public for too long." she explained to me.

"how did you guys get me a ticket on such short notice?" i asked, feeling like a burden.

"since there's four of us in the family we had two rows of three seats booked - of course if a stranger sat next to any of us it could be inviting all sorts of danger. so we already had six seats booked for this flight." maggie replied, which took a weight off my shoulders. at least they had already booked the seat.

"flight 65 to paris priority boarding now." echoed through the building and we all stood up. just seeing everyone here, all my favourite people on the way to paris and taking me with them. i smiled widely at the thought.

we made our way to the line where three people already stood. the security worker recognised billie and said to them, "sorry, can you let these people go first?" she said to the people already waiting, gesturing to our group.

"man, we'll be ok for a minute. you go first." billie smiled at the them. i gave her a kiss on the cheek because of how adorable she was. maggie didn't catch it but finneas smirked at us, making us both giggle.

we followed the people in front of us into the plane and maggie pointed to two rows. "billie and joey in this row, the rest of us in the other one."

"you're kidding." patrick huffed jokingly.

"we have to give them some space, dad." finneas grinned at us over the back of the seat.

billie took the window seat and i slid in beside her. it was about 7pm so the sky was darkening. "today was a good day." she sighed, leaning her head on my shoulder again. her hair brushed off my cheek and it made me shiver. "tired?" i asked. "yeah." she said quietly, getting comfortable. i didn't respond, just kissed her forehead and started playing with her hair. i felt her whole body shiver and smiled to myself. i accepted that she really did like me. however, it still felt like a dream.

the lights turned off, so the plane was filled with the purple overhead lights. the plane started to rumble as it went into flight and i felt my eyes well up. i was so lucky to be here, i wouldn't ever take it for advantage.