4: the kiss, a party, and ice cream

bronwyn's p.o.v.

after carter had dropped me off at home i texted charlie to ask her what her address was. she gave me the address and i ordered an uber (basically a taxi for those of you who don't know what it is). while waiting for the driver to arrive i showered quick and grabbed my makeup bag, stuffing it into a small backpack i had for occasions like this.

i left the house about twenty minutes later and texted charlie that i was on my way. i stared out of the window and smiled to myself when carter popped into my mind. at lunch when i had sang that song, i never meant it as 'okay so i'm falling for you, please don't break me heart' but it 150% came out that way. she didn't seem to mind either, she almost kissed me. holy shit, she almost kissed me.

i got to charlies house and knocked, wondering what the hell i was about to walk into. charlie opened the door, telling the barking bulldog to 'shut the hell up, dozer!' i laughed to myself and shook my head as she opened the door. her hair was damp so it seemed like she was freshly showered. i smiled and walked in, looking around the house.

she led me to her room, "okay, good thing you showered because i have the outfit for you picked already." she said plainly, throwing a dress and shoe box at me. yes, throwing.

i smirked, "isn't nova supposed to be here?"

"yeah, but she bailed to go chill with this other girl thats coming to the party. her names riley, i think." she answered, shifting awkwardly like something about it bugged her.

i shrugged off her odd behavior and walked to the bathroom to change. i pulled on the outfit and widened my eyes when i saw it in the mirror. she put me in this black, tight, short, velvet spaghetti strap dress with black strapped heels. i blushed at my own reflection since i was dressed so revealing.

i walked out and charlie saw me, her eyes widening as she did. "damn, girl. you look hot." she said, causing my skin to heat up more from embarrassment.

"th- thanks.." i said shyly, my german accent coming out in broken english. she smiled and sat me on her bed while she did my hair, leaving it in loose, messy curls. she just put mascara on my eyelashes and did my eyebrows before i put on my favorite pink lipgloss and i was done.

soon, charlie was ready too. her brown hair was pulled into a tight bun and she had on a dress that looked like a hoodie with sneakers. i began to think i was overdressed, since all of the partied back home had simply been attended in sneakers, jeans, and tank tops. my phone buzzed but it was simply a notification from a game i played when i was bored.

charlie and i made our way outside and got in her car as she began to drive to the party. we listened to her music, which was loud rock. i didn't mind, though, because i listened to some of the same bands as her.

after about an hour, we got to the party and found nova pulling up right before we did. she held hands with a girl with red hair and green eyes. she smiled at me, "hey, my names raelynn." she said with an all-too-perfect smile.

i introduced myself and all of us made our way into the party, soon carter spotted me and came up from behind me slightly intoxicated. she wrapped her arms around my waist and bit at my earlobe gently without uttering a word.

i jumped at the sudden touch before i realized who it was. she smiled down at me as she let go and i blushed, lookin at the floor. she lifted my chin up to look at her before she brought her face down to mine and kissed me.

hell knows why. i had only been in this school for the entirety of two days but we were lip-locked in the corner of a highschool party where sweaty teenagers drank, danced, and yelled from every direction around us.