IV

As the next couple of days passed, Elias felt lighter and lighter. Being with Kyle really was weighing on him, and now that it was over, he felt much more free.

"Oh shit, I forgot my biology textbook in my locker. I need it for my homework, I'll be right back." Elias told Micah as the other boy nodded.

Elias rushed back inside school. As soon as he was about to close the locker and head back, he felt someone behind him.

"You fucking bastard!" The boy behind him yelled, making Elias turn to face him.

"Excuse me?" Elias asked, politely.

"You're the one, right? You're the one she cheated on me with! I saw you guys talking at lunch today! I saw how close you guys were! You fucking asshole!" The hazel eyed guy screamed.

"I have seriously no clue what you're talking about. And who you're talking about!" Elias protested.

"Genevieve! My fucking girlfriend! Well, now ex since she cheated on me and then she broke up with me!"

"Genevieve? Genevieve from chemistry?" Elias questioned, utterly confused.

"I knew it was you!"

Before Elias could say anything, a fist met his cheek. He lost his balance and hit the lockers behind him really hard. As soon as he saw the boy raise his fist again, he held his hand in front of him in protest.

"I'm gay!" He screamed.

"Wait- what?" The boy lowered his fist, looking utterly confused.

"I'm gay. I like men. Genevieve is my lab partner in chemistry class." Elias explained.

"Oh fuck! Why didn't you just say so?"

"Because you weren't ready to listen to me?" Elias deadpanned.

"Fuck, man, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have punched you," He frowned, looking genuinely guilty, "She told me she cheated and then broke up and I just- I kinda lost it and I saw you with her-"

"It's fine, it was a misunderstanding," Elias cut him off, "Just don't go around punching people without listening to them first."

"Noted. I'm sorry. How can I make it up to you?"

"Uh, you really don't need to."

"No, I do. I'll figure something out," He paused before pulling his hand in front of Elias, "I'm Jensen."

"Elias." He shook Jensen's hand.

Elias and Jensen walked out of school, talking as they made their way towards the parking. Jensen must've apologized for what seemed like a hundred times, with Elias constantly telling him that he wasn't mad.

Well, he was a little mad that he got punched, but he understood that it was just a misunderstanding. Not that violence is okay whether intentional or not, but he already gave Jensen that talk.

As they reached Micah's car, Micah looked up from his phone, a bit restless. He had been wondering what took Elias so long, but didn't want to go check on him because he didn't want to seem clingy or over protective. He knew Elias didn't need that.

He was a little surprised, and frankly slightly jealous to see Elias in front of him with another guy.

"Micah."

"Jensen."

With that, Jensen nodded before saying a quick apology and bye, and then leaving.

"You two know each other?" Both the boys asked simultaneously.