XX

"A call? From who?" Elias asked as he sat on the dinner table, in front of his mom.

"Your school. Are you doing to tell me why you've attended school only thrice in the last two weeks?" Victoria raised her voice, clearly angry at Elias.

"Oh," Elias breathed out, somewhat relieved.

"Oh? Oh?! Elias Clarke Pearson! Is this why I work day and night? Is this why I pay your fees? For you to skip school? You've always been a good student, what happened, Elias?" Victoria's voice calmed down as she asked the last question.

"Nothing."

"Is this because of that boy? Is Micah making you skip classes? This boy sounds like bad news, don't even pretend that you were spending nights with your friends, and not him. I had my suspicions, but now I'm sure. I knew that boy was trouble the moment I saw him."

"It's not Micah. Don't say that about him!"

"Don't you dare lie to me, Elias!" Victoria exclaimed.

"Me? I'm the one that's lying?" Elias scoffed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Victoria questioned.

"I know, mum. I know everything." Elias sighed.

"What do you know? What are you talking about, Elias?"

"I know who I am. Or.. what I am. I know about werewolves. I know about the wolfsbane that you've been feeding me for god knows how long."

Victoria stared at Elias in shock as he returned her gaze. Unlike her, he was just exhausted. A part of him felt good that he was finally confronting her about all of it, but the other part of him was just done with everything and wanted to go to sleep, nothing else.

Victoria got up from her chair and walked to the kitchen. She opened a cabinet and took out a bottle of wine with two glasses. She came and sat back in the chair that she left just moments ago. She opened the bottle and poured wine in both the glasses, before pushing one towards Elias.

"I'm eighteen, not twenty one." Elias raised as eyebrow.

"You're also English, not American. So drink up, both of us are going to need it." Victoria said. Elias shrugged before he picked up the glass. He took a sip as he watched his mum gulp down the entire glass in a single go. She refilled her glass and finally looked up at Elias.

"I prayed and I prayed that this day never comes. But I guess truth always comes out, huh?" Victoria said.

"Mum.. I understand why you kept it hidden from me. I'm not angry." Elias kept her hand on top of his mum's.

"What all do you know?" Victoria asked, taking another sip of her wine.

"I know about werewolves and mates, and I know that I'm a werewolf too." Elias answered.

"Well, technically you're still a human. You'll only become a werewolf if-"

"Uh," Elias cut her off, "I was jumped. They stabbed and bit me."

"Oh my god.. Elias.. when was this?"

"A few days before the full moon." He mumbled.

"Before the full moon? That means you've.. you've had your first transformation?" She asked and Elias nodded, "I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry I wasn't there with you."

"It's not on you, mum. You didn't know. And uh, Micah, he was there with me the entire time." Elias said.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that he's your mate." Victoria stated and Elias nodded, "I'm sorry for the things I said about him."