Chapter-4

was a bad idea. A bloody bad idea! Why the hell had he followed her? Not a bloody clue. He'd denied her and she was so disappointed, she hadn't showed it, turned her face the other way, in fact but he'd seen it. He'd seen it on her face that his denial hurt her and like a puppy he ended up at her house, for what, coffee? Hell, he didn't even like coffee! But what was the point now!

"Hi again, I've set the coffee, it'll be ready in 5 minutes" she said, coming towards him. She'd changed her clothes to a black yoga pants and white tee shirt, she'd left her hair open and the droplets of water were seeping from the ends of it. Angel. She looked like an angel. Why could he not keep this thought out of his mind! She's your bloody student! He reminded himself again. A reminder he frequently needed these days..

"Oh, you'll need a towel too, won't you? I'll just go, get one" she went back without waiting for his answer and returned with a towel in hand, he took it without any comments and wiped his face and head as well as he could. She took the towel back and went inside, came back with a tray full of coffee and biscuits. He took the coffee out of sheer courtesy. He didn't know what to say now, he was looking everywhere but her.

"You're supposed to sip it, you know" she tod him after a minute or two. He took s sip but didn't say anything...

"That day...I...I shouldn't have talked to you the way I did. It was uncalled for. I was quite angry and took it out on you..." He said at last.

"Why! are you apologizing professor?" She asked amusingly.

"I NEVER apologize" he said quite angry now.

"Wrath, one of seven deadly sins, and the worst one, in my opinion" said Mishti, matter of factly, that brought him back, out of his trance. He gave a humourless laugh and said...

"Pride, lust, sloth, wrath, greed, gluttony, envy....you name it, I have them all" he sounded like he loathed himself, she couldn't believe that a person could be this hateful to himself. What had he done? Why was he like this?

"I don't think you have them all" she said, hesitantly 

"You don't know me" he replied, looking down

"I don't have to. I can see that you feel remorse for the day you humiliated me, would a person with above qualities feel that?" 

"You wanna know what I feel right now? If you knew even a fraction of what I wanna do to you  now, you'd run as fast as you could and never look back at me" he said it with such passion that anyone would do exactly what he said, anyone but Mishti. She prided herself for her astute intuitions, and her sixth sense was telling her that he was just bluffing. He was trying to instigate her, provoke her, but she won't let him succeed.

"You won't do any of those things" she said confidently.

"Really, how do you know" he asked so softly, making his voice even more deep and dangerous. The hair at the nape of her neck stood, she was getting scared now, could she be wrong? Could he be as dangerous as he was letting on? Her instincts still said no. She continued her brave facade and said...

"I just do. I know you won't do anything pro....Ruhaan" 

"Don't!" He said as if he was in pain, and abruptly stood up and started going without giving her a second glance. But he stopped at the door and said without facing her...

"Do not play with fire, Miss Khanna, for it is bound to burn you and burn you shall, if you continue" and with those final words he was gone.

"But I've already burned myself, Ruhaan. What is left now, is the will to sooth you, if I have to die doing so, then die I shall"

I'll continue this in next chapter....I know it was short...sorry for that girlzzz but sometimes...it doesn't come and I just have to stop it there only. But don't worry, most probably I'll update this tomorrow only😊😊