CHAPTER FIFTY NINE - TRIGGER

A/N: hey guys! I'm so sorry for the wait, I've been through hell and back these days, and I didn't get much time to write. But I'm back, though! I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's shoter than usual and not very exciting, but the next ones will be quite evntful, so bear with me! Love you guys, thanks for being patient. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I walked around the main house, carrying the tons of different wedding magazines I stored in my old bedroom ever since I learned about Carl and Alice's engagement. Since I was on sick leave for at least a couple of weeks, preparing my friends' wedding was the best way for me to keep my mind off of things.

When Alice had a day off, she would drive to Neverland and discuss it with me. As the maid of honor, I needed to be vigorous and attentive to Alice's needs. This day was going to be the most beautiful day of her life, and I was ready to do anything in my power to make it unforgettable.

It was just the both of us, though. Michael was out of state for a week, dealing with press conferences, where he'd announce that he chose Pepsi as his sponsor for his upcoming tour. But the Ranch was never quiet. We had some kids over a couple of times since Michael left, and it was always a real pleasure for me to take care of them, and simply be around them. It helped me forget about the fact that I missed the kids at the hospital.

If we're being honest, I wasn't resting as much as Carl wanted me to. I had a lot on my mind, mainly because I felt stuck. After what happened at the Schwartz's house, I tried desperately to find a way to do something about Michael's future. I went through all the notes I wrote about my visions to remember them, but I found no loophole, no lead that would tell me what to do to keep these events from happening.

I sighed heavily before I came in the living room where my best friend was waiting on me to come back. "There's a couple of wedding dresses magazines in that pile," I told Alice, who was putting post-its on different pages.

"Where do you even find all of these?" she snorted, taking the pile from me

"Where do you even find all of these?" she snorted, taking the pile from me. "Did you plan a secret wedding with Michael that I don't know of?"

"I wouldn't do that to you," I giggled, sitting next to her. "No, they're actually from the time where I thought I would finish the rest of my life with John. I never threw them away, thinking they would probably help me in the future."

"Well, yeah they're useful to me, but the question is... Will they be useful to you?" she asked with a little smirk, which made me roll my eyes. "What? I'm just asking," she shrugged, before she went back to her magazine.

"A part of me is still frightened when it comes to marriage," I confessed, sighing heavily. "I mean, what John did, it tore me apart. I really thought I could trust him, that's why I said yes when he asked me to marry him. I trusted him blindly, and see where it got me?"