"It's so odd hearing nothing but English." Yoongi says to me as we're wheeling our suitcases through the airport.

We had an 18 hour flight, which wasn't awful. Namjoon really does spoil me because he got us first class tickets. I can't complain when I was treated so well.

I smile at Yoongi as we approach the desk to rent a car. "It is odd. I haven't been home in years, so it almost feels like English is now my second language."

The lady at the desk smiles as she sees us approach. "Hi, welcome to Grand Rapids! Looking to rent a car?"

"Yes, we have one reserved." I respond.

"Okay, what name is it under?"

"Olivia Lang."

She types my name in her computer, clicking a few things, then nodding. "Okay. Got it. If you could just sign these papers for me. And then when you're finished, you may follow me."

I sign the few papers she hands me and then Yoongi and I begin to follow her out of the building. He takes in the scene, the cultural differences clearly intriguing my beautiful boyfriend.

"Are you visiting?" The lady makes small talk, showing very exceptional customer service.

"Yeah. I was actually born and raised here."

"Well, welcome home." She smiles brightly.

I return it, nodding at her. "Thank you. It's almost foreign to me, in a way."

"Where do you stay now? If you don't mind me asking."

"South Korea."

"Oh wow! How'd you end up there if you're just a Michigan girl?"

"Business. Relocated out of the country. I love it there."

"She really does." Yoongi adds and the lady giggles.

"Are you from there, as well?"

"Yes, I'm Korean." Yoongi says. "We met there about
6 years ago."

"You've been there that long?" She asks shocked.

"Yes. And this is my first time being home since." I say softly.

She brings us to a nice, shiny all black 2018 sedan and checks over all the details of the car. She then hands me the keys. "I truly hope you have a great time."

"Thank you so much." I smile as she walks away. "Wow, she was so nice."

"Is everyone here that nice?"

"Hell no." I laugh. "She's a rare one."

"Oh man." Yoongi mumbles. He starts putting our bags in the trunk of the car as I hop inside and start it. He comes in beside me, buckling his seatbelt. "So, where are we going first?"

As I pull out of the parking lot, I get more and more anxious. I haven't been home in years, literally a decade. 10 whole years. I grip the steering wheel, focusing on the familiar but foreign roads. Who should I go see first? I didn't think that through before getting off the plane.

"Hey, you okay babe?" Yoongi asks me, pulling me back in with his warm hand resting on my tense thigh. "We don't have to do visit a relative first, if you don't want to."

I shake my head. "No, no. It's not that. I just didn't really think it through is all."

I drive in the first direction that comes to mind. About 45 minutes pass and we're off the highway, pulling up to a home in a familiar quiet neighborhood. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, giving myself a mental pep talk before finally looking at Yoongi. He's looking at me, a calming smile on his face that makes me feel better.