Chapter 9

We got to Jakes house, and my jaw dropped when I saw how big it was. His mom was right. The house was so unnecessarily big. You would have thought five different families lived in it.

"What?" He asked.

"It's so big." I said and he nodded.

"Isn't that what you said when you first saw my dick?" He asked and I hit his arm playfully and rolled my eyes and he got out his car. I followed him to the front door as he typed in a code and he looked over at me.

"0-4-5-4-3." He said and I cocked an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"That's the code. If you ever want to come over, even if I'm not here, you can." He said.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded and opened his door. He let me walk in first and it was breathtaking. I couldn't believe how big the house was I really couldn't. It was so open.

"This is beautiful." I said and he nodded.

"So are you." He said and I smiled weakly.

"You can come up to my bedroom. It's a little messy, but it's not too bad." He said and he motioned me to follow him through the living room and up the stairs.

He led me down a huge hallway with raised ceilings and he opened the door to his bedroom. Even his room was huge and he had a California king sized bed.

"Holy shit." I said and he nodded.

"Pretty big huh?" He asked and I nodded. The sheets were messed up though, and he had condom wrappers on his nightstand that he quickly tried to hide.

"Who were they from?" I asked and he shook his head as he threw them out.

"No one-my maid should have had this cleaned up. I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't have your maid clean up after your condoms. Throw them out yourself and have her take the trash out. She doesn't need to touch them. That's rude." I said and he looked up at me.

"It's not that serious." He said.

"Yes it is. Listen, Jake. I know you gave me that raise and that I can get a new house and easily afford it now and that I shouldn't be living like I'm still living paycheck to paycheck, but I'll forever be that way. I like saving my money and I like doing things my own. I don't depend on people. That's partially why I didn't want us to become anything. You're a smart man and you're sweet, but you had these luxuries growing up and you never had to clean up after yourself or work as hard as others-"

"We're not doing this right now. I worked my ass off to get where I am. I'm a lawyer for celebrities and everything. My dad helped, but I wasn't fed on a silver spoon my entire life. Don't assume that." He said.

"Then learn how to be humble. If you can't it's not going to work between us. I will act like your mom and make you clean up after yourself." I said.

"Okay." He said and I nodded.

"Now, who were you fucking?" I asked.

"Morgan." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"She texted you." I said and he nodded slowly.

"I know." He said.

"What'd she want?" I asked.