Chapter 39

I woke up the morning Jake was coming home and he hadn't texted or called me. It honestly made me upset because even though we hadn't talked, I wanted to hear from him. Especially if he had his phone and was able to talk to me.

I was laying in bed and didn't move at all. I was just staring at my phone wait for him to call or text me. He didn't even know I was pregnant and all I wanted to do was tell him. I wanted to die. I missed him so fucking much.

I was laying on my stomach and I buried my face into my pillow. He didn't love me anymore. There was no way he cared. He probably got over it while in rehab and wanted to move on.

As I laid there, I felt the bed sink in on the other side of me and a hand on my side. It scared the hell out of me, but I knew it was him. I was almost scared to look up and see him. What if he looked different?

"Hey." I heard him say softly and he hovered over me. I looked up at him slowly and he smiled weakly.

"Did you miss me?" He asked and I wrapped my arms around him and tackled him down on the bed. He chuckled and held me so tight. I buried my face into his neck and kissed it and he kissed my cheek over and over. He did look different. He looked skinnier, and even though coke made him skinny-he looked like he lost even more weight. On top of looking skinnier, he also had more scruff. He looked good though. Really good. He had a glow to his face and his hazel eyes popped more than ever.

"You look great." I said and he smiled.

"So do you. You tackled me down with no effort." He said and I chuckled as he squeezed my arm muscles.

"How are you?" I asked and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm good. I feel better. I've been eating healthy and since I'm clean I'm not constantly angry." He said and I smiled weakly.

"You look skinny." I said.

"I didn't eat for the first two weeks I was there. I lost almost thirty pounds. I was being stubborn, but when am I not?" He asked and I chuckled.

"I've been eating really healthy and working out everyday. I've been going on runs at 6am and everything." I said.

"Since when do you wake up that early?" He asked and I chuckled. He smiled and I kissed him. For the first time in over a month I kissed his lips and he kissed me back. It gave me butterflies in my stomach. It felt so good too. He cupped my cheek and I slid my tongue across his bottom lip.

"Oh we're already doing that?" He asked into it and I chuckled against his lips. He let my tongue in and his flicked against mine. It was the best feeling in the world. He put his other hand on my side and I ran my fingers through his hair after pulling away.

"Anything new going on?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No-but look." I said and I got off him. I stood up next to him on the bed as he sat up and I pulled my shirt up to show him my abs.

"I got abs!" I said excitedly and he smiled widely.

"Damn, baby. You look great." He said and he put his hand on my stomach and felt them. It gave me goosebumps. He hadn't touched me in a while and him calling me baby made it better.

"You really look amazing." He said and I smiled weakly and sat down on the bed next to him.

"Thank you." I said and he put his hand on my thigh.

"I'm sorry." We both said at the same time and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked.

"I wasn't there when it happened. I should have been there and I should have visited you before you left." I said and he shook his head.

"I was an asshole to you-I'm honestly surprised you're happy to see me. You hugged me and kissed me and everything. I wasn't expecting that. I was honestly preparing myself to walk in here and see you with another guy, but you weren't. You were just laying here looking innocent and beautiful on your phone." He said.