Chapter 5

Sam, Amy and Hunter stared at Dylan and me, wanting to know the truth. Dylan and I shared a look before he took a deep breath and let out a sigh,

"Guess it's time for the truth, huh?"

"We're from the Midnight Pack, which Sam once was in," Dylan said, gesturing to Sam.

"How did you guys get attacked?" Sam asked.

"Rouges" I stated.

"It all happened five years ago........"

It was a happy day for all the Moonlight Pack, since the Beta's son, Sam, was coming home. Sam lived in the Midnight Pack, with his mate. Although it was usually tradition that the female stays in the male's pack, Sam's mate was the daughter of the beta and was an only child. So it was decided that Sam would become Beta of the Midnight Pack, and his younger sister, Emma, would become the future Beta of the Moonlight Pack.

"I can't wait for Sam and Amy to come," Said thirteen-year-old Emma as she helped her mother and the Luna bake some cupcakes.

"Mother, when are they arriving?"

"I'm sure they are on their way" Her mother giggled, as she took out the freshly made cake from the oven. Noticing her saddened expression, she let out a sigh and said,

"How about you go check outside? They are probably already here"

"Okay, thank you, mommy"

Emma left their house, in search of her big brother and his mate. She walked towards around until she reached the center of the pack. Saddened, she realized that they haven't arrived yet. Emma sat down on the grass and hugged her legs before looking up at the sky.

Suddenly, she was tackled by a fourteen-year-old boy who was on top of her.

"Gotcha" He chuckled as he held her down.

Emma flipped him over so that she was now on top of him.

"Gotcha" She mimicked before she got off him.

"So when are they going to get here?" Dylan, her best friend and future alpha asked as he sat down next to her.

"I don't know. Mother said they would be on their way"

Emma sighed as she leaned onto Dylan's shoulder and looked at the trees, waiting to her big brother and his mate to come out of the bushes with a suitcase full of her favourite food, Mc Donalds.

Suddenly, an alarm rang through the pack, alerting everyone. Dylan and Emma stood up from their position and looked around, finding everyone either running to the safe room or shifting to their wolves.

"That's the alarm signalling an attack, right?" Emma asked Dylan.

"I don't know, you were the one who paid attention in class, not me."

"Well, I'm pretty sure it is."

Suddenly, both their fathers, the Alpha and the Beta, appeared in front of both of them. They stood protectively over their children, ready to take on anything that harms them.

"Kids, quick, go home" Dylan's father, the alpha warned.

"But dad--

"NOW!"