Chapter 28

"Over my dead body am I letting you fight!"

"Hunter, you can't do that!" I growled.

"Yes, I can."

"What gives you the right to decide for me!" I challenged.

"I am your mate aren't I!" Hunter shot back.

"That doesn't give you the position to control me, you aren't the boss of me. I control what I do and I am going to fight in the battle, whether you like it or not!"

"There is no way in hell am I letting you fight!"

"Why is that! Because you think I'm weak? Are you that sexist! For your information, I was about to be the beta of my old pack!"

"Emma," Hunter groaned before he leaned onto his seat, "it's not that I think you're weak, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"So you can get hurt but I can't?"

"Who said I was going to get hurt?"

"This is a battle Hunter, be realistic! People are gonna come back in scars and bruises! No one, not even you are going to come out with a smile on their face!"

"I'm supposed to be the Luna of this pack but lately, I've been left in the dark, doing nothing."

"I know technically, I am the Luna but I don't feel like it. A Luna is supposed to help the pack, help everyone around her, and I haven't been doing that."

"What do you mean baby? Just a few days ago you helped play with the kids of the pack?" Hunter questioned

"Do you know how that felt like? It felt amazing, being around kids, seeing them have fun. It was the most fun I had for a long time."

"Yet, do you know what they said? At the end of the game, they asked who was I?"

"Hunter! They didn't even know!"

"They're kids; they probably don't even remember my name."

"Really? Because after I had told them I was the Luna, they asked questions about 'how I met Hunter?' or 'how was he as a mate?'" I said, using air quotes.

"Whatever, you don't get it. Just drive," I muttered as I turned around to face the window.

"Emma, I—"

"Drive Hunter."

Hunter stared at me for a while before he started the car again and began driving home.

Once we had finally reached, I opened the car door and slammed it close before walking into our home. I could hear Hunter sigh as he walked in behind me.

"Emma, we need to—"

Not wanting to talk to him, I rushed upstairs towards our room. I quickly picked out my clothes before rushing into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

As soon as I had closed the door, my back slid down the door and there I was, crying on the ground. Hot tears raced down my cheeks as I stared at the blank wall.

What started as one of the best days of my life, turned out to be one of my worst

Why couldn't Hunter just accept the fact that I was going to fight in the war? That..... that creature killed my parents, destroyed my pack and is coming after my new pack and I'm being told I am not able to fight with my pack.

I furiously rubbed the stained tears on my cheeks and stood up, leaning to the door for support. I stumbled towards the mirror and started washing my face, not wanting to look at myself.