The Surprise Trip

MADELINE POV

MADELINE POV

The loud noise of my alarm clock woke me up. I grabbed my phone from the side table and swiped on my phone to end the calm melody. A song that had once made me happy to wake up in the morning was now just a sad reminder that I would have less sleep.

I got out of bed and quickly got ready for school. It was somewhat frightening to think that I had finally become a senior in high school. It pained me to think that my mother might not see me graduate, but she had promised me she would.

Throughout my time here with the Lockwood family, I made it a habit of writing letters to my mother. It all began after I was taken to the hospital during sixth grade one day. Grace had informed my mother of the situation but due to certain circumstances she wasn't able to come visit me.

Instead my mother wrote me a letter explaining to me her situation. She was filing papers for divorce with my father and apparently there had been some issues regarding that.

She used to write to me almost every week, but over the years it's been less and less. I only recieve a letter from her once a month now. Today was the end of the month and I was expecting her letter. Although it always came later in the afternoon for some reason, so I would have to wait until after school.

I practically ran downstairs to greet everyone. Grace loved having breakfast as a family. Ever since Jack left for University, she longed for the feeling of a unified family. Therefore she went out of her way to make breakfast for all of us even though she hired a cook for that job.