The Past Unfolds

MADELINE POV

MADELINE POV

I woke up to a headache which I was positive was from all the crying last night. I checked the time on my phone and I had a bunch of missed calls and text messages from Lisa

It suddenly dawned on me that it was 1 in the afternoon and that I had completely missed the flight to Hawaii for the school trip. I had forgotten to set up my alarm last night and all of the crying had made me extremely exhausted that I was now just waking up.

Instead of crying or screaming about the whole situation, I just laid in bed as I stared at the ceiling. 

Maybe this was good. "Everything happens for a reason" my mother would say. How I missed her. I didn't mind missing a trip to Hawaii, as long as I would be able to see my mother during graduation was enough for me.

Although I wondered if Grayson had gone to the trip or if he'd forgotten to turn on his alarm as well. 

I decided to head towards the bathroom and wash my face.

As I stared at myself in the mirror I could see how red and bloated my eyes were. I threw some water on my face and I brushed my teeth. I then felt tears falling down my face as I realized I could have been in Hawaii right now having the time of my life with Grayson. 

I had been so excited about this trip that I had packed a week in advance. Now I was stuck alone in a large mansion with my negative thoughts. 

I wiped my tears and got out of the bathroom. 

To my surprise, I saw a handsome Grayson staring at me with concern in his eyes. I wanted to run to him and feel his warm embrace against my body. It felt cold being away from him. I missed my lovable boyfriend who did everything he could to make me happy.

"You didn't go to Hawaii?" I asked. 

"I went to your room to wake you up but you seemed so calm in your sleep that I didn't want to wake you up. You were sobbing last night and I knew you really needed some time to rest. I thought you might feel bad the next day so I felt it was best if we stayed home instead and I take care of you."