28

I never should have let you go

"Where the hell have you been?", Alec asked his sister  back in the institute

"Where the hell have you been?", Alec asked his sister back in the institute. "Where I needed to be", the girl replied. "Away from you and your fiancée." "Jace and Clary are on the run. No one knows where Priscilla is. I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth. "I don't need protecting. Meliorn is alive that's all that matters", the female shadowhunter told her sibling before she turned to go, but the boy stopped her by her arm.

"Hey, at least tell me where she is. I need to know." Isabelle knew of whom her brother was talking about , but she didn't know where Priscilla was. No one knew. "I don't know." "Stop lying!", Alec shouted, worried about the missing girl. "I'm not, Alec. Not even Magnus knows. She didn't reply to any of our calls, so the better question is, what did you do to her?" The siblings glared deathly at each other. "She told you nothing?", Alec asked. "She said she was going to the only person that could help her. I don't really know, she said there was someone that could tell her the truth and help her", Isabelle explained, without any ideas where the tanned girl could be, just like everyone she asked.

"Honestly? I thought you'd only show up on my next birthday", the man in front of Priscilla said, a big grin on his lips

"Honestly? I thought you'd only show up on my next birthday", the man in front of Priscilla said, a big grin on his lips. He sat on a big chair, just like the tanned girl and watched her carefully. The two of them were in a big room with expensive unnecessary things in it. Empty whine bottles laid on the Persian carpets on the floor, destroying the perfect picture of noble interior equipment. "Do you need money?", the man asked, an old bottle of Bourbon in his hand. "I have questions", Priscilla replied, crossing her legs. Then she looked up, to stare directly into her father's eyes.

"I spoke with a lot of people. Don't know if this names mean anything to you but Hodge Starkweather told me that Mom was one of the good people, trying to make the world a better place. Maryse Lightwood compared me to mom. She said I'd run away, just like her. And then there's Lydia Branwell that told me that mom tried to steal the mortal cup." The male Gordan sighed smiling. He took a sip from his whiskey before he grabbed behind him, into one of the shelves. His daughter watched his movements and recognised a picture with a broken frame around it. It was the only picture in the whole house that showed her mother and Priscilla used to hate it.

"I loved her even though I knew she didn't love me", the black haired man said, smiling at the picture in his hands. "I'm a human. Or how they say, a mundane. She was a shadowhunter, a goddess." A sad expression formed on the man's face. "You told me she left us. You let me hate her", the tanned girl spoke up, glaring at her father. "I did and I won't apologise because I wanted to protect you. Those people you named, they wanted to kill your mother. They hid behind their precious law." Frank Gordan took another sip of the bottle, smiling bitterly. "And now you're one of them."

"What did mom do?", Priscilla whispered, her eyes focused on the floor. "You heard about Valentine?", her father asked, gulping strongly. The girl nodded. "She was his best friend. And when Valentine went crazy she and Lucian Graymark were the first to notice. Your mother knew what Valentine wanted to do with the cup so she tried to steal it, to hide it from him." The tanned girl closed her eyes. Her mother wanted to protect them. "She was caught before she could leave the institute. At command of the clave she should be killed, they didn't believe her and thought she was a traitor. I helped her to run away, we moved into another city together. But after some years we came back, started a new life and had you."

Frank threw the picture at the floor, starring deathly at it when he threw the bottle after it. "Dad! Stop it!", Priscilla shouted while she stood up. "You were thee years old when the door rang. Your mother opened it, just to have blade stuck in her heart." The tanned girl kneed down to pick up the picture, then she laid it on the table. "Valentine wanted revenge and he got it. And the clave? They knew your mother was right when Valentine tried to destroy the whole shadow world."

The older man stood up to grab a new bottle before he put his hands on his shoulders. "If you're smart you better stay out of this. It will get you killed, like it killed your mother." Before Priscilla could reply, her phone started ringing and Alec's caller ID showed up. The girl pressed the green button and held the smartphone to her ear, without saying anything. She didn't want to talk to the Lightwood actually and after he told her that he'd always love her, he broke her heart. Again. Even though she loved him too.

"Priscilla?", the boy asked and the Gordan could literally her is nervousness. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to but Lydia put Izzy under arrest."

Priscilla raised an eyebrow when she stood in the doorframe, watching Alec and Lydia talk

Priscilla raised an eyebrow when she stood in the doorframe, watching Alec and Lydia talk. Their conversation was about what happened at the city of bones. Alec confirmed that Isabelle, Jace and Clary where there but denied Priscilla's attendance back then. "But where was she?", Lydia asked. "At my dad's", the Gordan lied, stepping closer to the two shadowhunters. She didn't knew why Alec didn't tell Lydia that Priscilla helped to free Meliorn, after all he didn't lied about Clary and Jace. "He told me an interesting story by the way, of how the clave wanted to kill my mother even though they were wrong and didn't listen to her. Tell me, what is if you're doing the same with Isabelle? Because you do." Priscilla ignored Alec's eyes on her and walked closer to the blonde.

"I have my orders. In the eyes of the clave, Isabelle is guilty. They were wrong about your mother, mostly in the killing part but Isabelle won't get killed, she'll be convicted", the blonde woman defended herself, making Priscilla glare at her. "She'll be stripped off her runes and banished. I won't let that happen." Then Alec stepped forward and looked at the tanned girl before he eyed Lydia. "I may have something that the clave wants." "Alec. Don't", the Gordan interrupted but the Lightwood continued. "I'm giving them the mortal cup." Priscilla shook her head in disbelief.

"Alec you have it? Why didn't you tell me before?", the blonde was obviously surprised while the tanned girl next to her rolled her eyes. "Maybe because you destroy everything you touch", she commented, a sarcastic smile on her lips. Then she looked to the tall boy in front of her. "Jace will hate you. If he doesn't already." Alec covered his hurt expression quickly before focusing on Lydia. "I promised Jace and there's this thing with Clary." "I get it, he's your Parabatai." Lydia nodded understanding while Priscilla couldn't help but glare at the engaged people in front of her. "I'm gonna trade the cup for Izzy's freedom. I think the clave will go for it."  The Gordan raised an eyebrow, after all she knew something. Alec didn't had the cup.