Hephaestus x Reader

You were a daughter of Aphrodite, very beautiful like your mother. In fact, you almost looked exactly like her. You were nothing like her though, you were more innocent and happy. You weren't really one for sex, you were more interested in making friends. Your mother didn't really understand it, but you didn't care. You didn't really know your mother anyways, she was never around to see you.

Because of your beauty, many of the Olympian gods had their eyes on you. One of these was Hephaestus, but he had them on you for a different reason. He hated you since you were the spawn of his ex wife, he just wanted to hurt you, just to hurt your mother. He had been working on a piece of jewelry that would curse you until the day you die, you would never be able to take it off either.

Today was like any other day, you went to work-you worked as a barber-and went back home. The only thing you came home to was your Sphinx cat, Berry. He was sweet and playful, he loved to hang out with you. You always knitted him sweaters as well.

Today though, you decided to go to a new store in town. It was called "Jewels" and, as the name suggests, it sold jewelry and things to make jewelry.

You were a big fan of jewelry, you always loved to go shopping, it was just a good time to hang with friends, at least for you it was.

You made your way to the jewelry store, Berry on his leash so he could come with you. He loved to go on walks, and since it was spring there was no better time. You made your way into town and to the new store, walking inside and was instantly greeting by a worker who seemed pleased to have another customer.

She asked if you needed any help and you kindly denied, but had a small conversation with her anyways. Soon enough you two stopped talking and she went to go help someone else.

You walked to the back of the store to look at the rings they had. You noticed a man beside you who was looking at the rings as well. He wasn't the most handsome man, but you didn't care about looks anyways. You decided to start small talk with him anyways.

"Hello! I was wondering if I could have your opinion on something?" You asked him, a smile spreading across your face. He looked at you, a bit surprised that you would ask this, but smiled anyways and nodded. "Of course." He said softly. His voice was deep and a little croaky.

"Which ring do you think is prettier?" You asked, pointing at two rings, both had your birthstone in them. "Well, I would say that one." He said, pointing to the second ring and blushing slightly as he took a quick glance at you.

"Thanks for your help, I'll get that one then." You said, calling for one of the workers who got the ring out. "What's your name by the way?" You asked him? Tilting your head slightly in curiosity.

He blushed and looked down. "I-it's Hephaestus." He muttered, placing his hands in his pockets. "Well, Hephaestus, I'm (y/n)! It's a pleasure to meet you." You said, taking his hand and gently shaking it.

He was surprised by your kindness, you were nothing like Aphrodite. You were more gentle and kind, he liked that. "It's nice to meet you too, (y/n)." He said softly, smiling at you.

You gave him your number so you two could talk more before walking away, Berry following behind. He stood there, watching as you made your way to the counter before turning back to the rings. Maybe he didn't have to give you the necklace if you were as kind as you seemed. He would have to make sure of this first.

You two began to text each other and hang out with each other every weekend. He was surprised when realizing that you weren't into sex, unlike your mother she seemed to be addicted to it. He could tell that with each passing minute he was falling more and more in love with you. He would dream of you, he couldn't even concentrate on his work, all he could think of was you.

He knew he had to make you his, and he will. He smirked while walking into his work room, getting started on making a new piece of jewelry. It was a beautiful ring with your birth stone in the middle. It wasn't ordinary though, it had a spell on it, a love spell. It would make you fall madly in love with him, then he would have you to himself.

Right now you were in your home, laying on the couch and watching the new Invader Zim movie while snuggling your cat. It was raining outside and it was a Saturday so you couldn't really do anything until the storm passed.

You then heard a knock on your door, confusing you since you weren't expecting any guests today. You stood up, waking up your sleeping cat, making you apologize to him then walk to the door. You opened it only to find Hephaestus there, soaked in the rain and a bright smile on his face. Your eyes widened when seeing his condition. "What are you doing here!? Come, get inside I don't want you getting a cold." You said, to which he nodes and walked inside.

You went and got him a towel and a new pair of clothes to which he thanked you then went to go and change. After a while he came back out and to the living room. "Why are you here?" You asked him with squinted eyes and crossed arms. "I just wanted to spend some time with you, I've been having a bad day and I just really need a friend." He muttered, making you frown and nod. "Of course, come here." You said softly, hugging him while he hugged you back.

After a bit you pulled away and you two sat on the couch. He pulled out a ring and showed it to you with a smile. "What's this?" You asked, slightly confused. "I got this for you, I know that (b/s) is your birth stone so I decided to get it for you." He said, looking down shyly. This made you smile as you kissed his cheek and took it, putting in on.

Instantly your eyes widened and when you turned to him a blush spread across his face. He smirked, pulled you close and staring into your eyes. "How do you feel?" He asked. You blushing madly, gripping onto his shoulders and looking down shyly. "I-I feel fine, just a little hot." You muttered, biting your lip. "Then why don't I help you with that." Hephaestus said softly, kissing your neck and pushing you on the couch.

(Author's Note: I want to know if y'all want a part two that's a lemon, I haven't done one of those in a while. Also a part two of the weretiger is in the making.)