| T. Muichiro & Yuichiro x Reader | Favoritism (Military AU) [2/3]

Extraction Weapons:
Weapons that extract mana for power.
Drains mana quickly and not as powerful as extension weapons.

Extension Weapons:
Weapons that can be summoned by people who are either born with or have gained a certain mark.
Extremely powerful and can change in shape and design (sword to gun to duel sword etc) to better suit the user.
Drains slowly and much more powerful.

• • •

I would like to request item #238 of the personal section for the student above. She has my full permission to access this material.

Consider this a personal request.

-General Tokito Muichiro

Turned out the paper was just a request form to the library for a certain book to help me with training, which was a relief. Apparently, the book was quite special seeing as it was a personally annotated copy by the original owner, or rather owners, since it was clearly previously owned by the twins. They had to leave for the front lines but because both were considered exceptional students of the academy, the library offered to the store any books they wished to keep in the personal section. Thank god for that because it was the very same book that they lent me that got me through school as our schedule became increasingly more hectic.

"I thought I was gonna die!"

Throwing off the mage equipments, I gasped for the warm air of the resting station.

We really had it easy at the beginning of the year with the basic training ground since now, mere weeks before graduation, the academy literally sent us to some freezing snowy mountain for our field training. The place was called Mt. Empress and she could suck a dick.

Throwing off my gloves, I started to take off the snow covered jacket in favor of the dry ones and proceeded to smother my face into a provided hot towel. No matter how much it burned.

"Here."

My tired eyes looked up from the floor where I was sitting to see Kanao, holding out a mug of hot chocolate to me. The white steam coming off it looked too tempting.

"Thanks!"

Taking the mug from her grasp I immediately brought it to my lips only to regret when it started to burn off my tongue.

"Be careful, it's hot."

"Yeah, you could've warned me earlier..."

After my tongue cooled down I took a more careful sip and let the drink warm up my body. Sighing out in relief, I smiled at the girl.

"I thought no special treatments."

She didn't move a muscle on her face at my comment, "If you don't finish that drink it's going to be wasted, they're going to be calling for the students any second now."

Realizing that she was right I frantically tried to down the rest of the drink-

"ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS: REPORT TO THE MPR IMMEDIATELY."

I chocked.

• • •

We had said our fuck-offs to Mt. Empress and began eagerly awaiting our graduation day, which had seemed so far away only a couple of months ago. It was coming up too fast as far as I was concerned.

I looked down at the book in my hands, the book I was to return today, and sighed.

I had made sure to carve every word of it in my memory and practice all the spells that it taught; but as I was returning it, I felt as though I didn't actually learn half the content in there. But then again, if I had all that time and still wasn't able to learn from it, I suppose only I was to blame.