Chapter 3 - The Yurazaki Sword

"I'm Jae Miller." He winked.

"Okay then Jae... tell me, are there other kingdoms as the baker had told me?" I asked him with my arms crossed.

"Hold on, you have to at least tell me your name, Greenie." He grinned like a 4 year old child.

"Why do you call me-" She sighs. She knows she wouldn't beat him in a game of questions. "Never mind. I'm Lilia Relin. Nice to meet you."

"Yea... I'm going to call you... Relin." He laughed as he took both oats and started rowing towards the other port near the forest.

She sat in the boat, thinking. She was debating badly on whether to believe and trust Jae or should she just leave him in the middle of the night. Her heart fluttered when she thought about trusting Jae, but her mind was doubting him.

Lilia didn't realise she had fallen asleep on the boat. Maybe today's events had stressed and tired her out. She woke up groggily as she heard that soothing voice calling out to her, "Relin, time to wake up"

She opened her eyes to see Jae tying up the boat to a nearby tree. The Sun had set and it was getting dark. Jae picked up a lantern nearby and lit it up with a box of matches he had stored in his bag.

"C'mon. Let's get going. The Yukita Forest is dangerous at night. Fugitives from the entire land are hiding out here." She nodded her head quickly and stepped onto the edge of the boat.

The boat tilted and she fell. She closed her eyes and expected the icy cold water to hit her. She waited for a second before realising that she didn't fall...? She opened her eyes to see Jae, holding onto her arm and the moonlight shone onto his face, making him even more beautiful then he already was.

The scene made Lilia's heart flutter even more, at this point, she knew her heart had taken over her mind. He pulled her up onto the pier and let go off her arm.

"Quick, wear my cloak. Thieves know when there's someone new in town." He took off his black cloak with a tear in it. She put the hood over her head before hearing something that sounded like a loud laugh.

"Crap! We NEED to go!" Jae whispered. He grabbed her hand and they ran through the woods but unfortunately, the sound of the laughter grew louder. A voice was heard. "Baby Jae Miller, who's this chick? Is she here for us to steal again?"

Jae's face darkened with anger as his hand in hers had tightened. 3 guys emerged from the shadows of the trees. Each had their unique hair and eye colours. The guy with the blue hair stepped up.

"Aww, what's her name? She's such a cutie. She's from out of town isn't she?" The leader said as he and his men circled around them like lions to its prey.

"Leave us alone! Or I'll kill you myself!" Jae growled in anger.

The leader laughed.

"HAHA! Says the murderer who had to leave town! HA—" The leader stops laughing as his eyes widen in shock. His henchmen did to.

Jae had let go of Lilia's hand and took out a dagger from the hilt on his thigh without the others noticing. He ran towards the leader and used the knife to slice a cut on his cheek.

The leader used his finger to touch the cut before shrieking, "I didn't think you were serious! We'll let you off this time punk!" And they went back into the woods, running for their life.

Jae grabbed her hand once again and in silence, they sprinted safely back to his cottage. It was a nice cottage with flowers around it and it had a nice homey feel.

 It was a nice cottage with flowers around it and it had a nice homey feel

They both entered his cottage as he let go of Lilia's hand. She was thankful that the house was dark, her face was bright crimson red from the extreme amount of blushing.

"Sit here and make yourself comfortable. I'll tell you everything you need to know. I need to get some necessities." He lit up all the lanterns in the house before taking some books and maps from his bookshelf and placed it in front of her.

"Read these, I'm going out for awhile." He opened the door and left.

Lilia picked up a rustic brown book, the cover said 'Understanding Arkalia'. She flipped open the page to see the Map of Arkalia.

She was interested and learnt about the different kingdoms. Now she knew about which creatures or humans were in their respective kingdoms. She wanted to read more as she saw the book of myths and legends of Arkalia.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can find something that could take me home?" She wondered out loud and she carelessly flipped through the pages, until something caught her eye.

It was about a Red Moon Portal. Legends have said that only on the Red Moon, the portal will open by itself and the realms would be crossed. Another person can also open the portal, the Demon Lord, Riel.

All those who possess Riel's blood will be able to access the portals anytime and anywhere in Daemonia Gehenna they want. If there's no time for the Red Moon, another solution was offered.

She heard the front door open as Jae walked in. He held an outfit with armor and a bag for groceries. He smiled half heartedly before walking to the kitchen to place the bag of groceries down.

"What did you find?" He asked. He walked back to the couch and sat down next to her. He let out a tired groan as his head fell to the back of the couch.

"Pieces of a magical sword called the Yurazaki Sword has been scattered around the kingdoms of Arkalia. Once you have possess all the items to form the sword, you need to go to the Faery Queen for permission to enter the barrier that's surrounding Daemonia Gehenna." She read out loud.

It seemed to have caught his attention as he leaned closer to Lilia. Her face turned a slight pink at the cheeks and she tried to focus on the book.

"You need one person born with the blood from each kingdom before being able to enter the barrier. Once entered, a series of challenges will appear before you can be able to reach the Demon Lord, Riel. Once you have defeated all the beasts and made it to the top, plunge the sword into Riel's heart and it will turn into a ruby which then placed into a hole in the portal frame will create the portal." Jae read out loud with a grin on his face.

"You know what this means?" She excitedly bounced in her seat.

"We need to collect the pieces for the Yurazaki Sword." Jae answered as he looked into her eyes with a wide smile.

~ To Be Continued ~

A/N: This chapter was a juicy one I guess? It's more of an information giving thing but anyways I haven't start giving out cliffhangers YET. But ya girl gonna start soon 😏

P.S.: You guys voted on my Instagram and most of you guys said that I should publish twice a week, with 1000 words. I WILL TRY. But definitely once school starts, I won't be able to be as active as am now. So I hope you guys understand! But don't worry, I've been pre- writing chapters for you guys!

Will they be able to get all the pieces of the Yurazaki Sword? Will they be able to get the second piece of the broken sword? Stay tuned to find out!

Follow me on Instagram @chloe.cwrites for sneak peeks and updates! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoy this story!