Presentations

Chapter 17

•••(Megan's POV)•••

If you were wondering, Drake and I have not forgot about the project. We've already interviewed each other and now we're writing about separate reports. The project is due today, Monday. I walked into school late today trying to print my report.

By lunch I was ready to present my report, Drake wouldn't let me read his and said it was a suprise or something. "Why can't I hear it?" I whined to Drake as we walked out to his car. "Megan it's a surprise, you'll hear it later." He explained for the thousandth time.

"Ugh fine, I'll wait." I said as we got into his car. We headed over to Wendy's for lunch and came back right before the bell rang. Once it did ring, we headed to class with Danielle and took our seats. "Okay class, in case you forgot today is presentation day for the assignment assigned on the first day of school. Anyone who does not present or have theirs will fail automatically." A couple students groaned.

"I'll call up students one by one to present, first Stacy Potter?" Stacy walked up to the class room and did her report, 10 students later was Danielle and after Danielle was me.

I walked up confidently and began, "I did my report on Drake Hendrickson, I didn't know Drake at all before this project, and thanks to it he is one of my best friends and maybe even more. I learned a lot about Drake, I even learned that we were neighbors. He's a bit of a troublemaker but such a sweetheart on the inside. Drake lives with his mom and five year old little sister Crystal, who is absolutely adorable. She looks a lot like him, same twinkling brown eyes, plump always pouted lips, and same shaped noes. I believe they both got those from their mother. See now I could continue this report by telling you about his favorite color and stuff like that, but I don't want to. This project is honestly one of the best things that's ever happened to me, I probably would've completely ignored Drake all through this year, but thanks to this project it allowed me get to actually know the soft cuddly Drake hidden under those tattoos." I finished.

"Good job Megan, Drake why don't you go next?" The teacher said as I walked to my seat. He smirked and walked up to the front, "Megan Neverson, even before the project I was interested in her. First day of school was when I laid eyes on her, I watched her walk out of her house and on her way to school, remember I'm her neighbor. Megan finally met me in homeroom, I annoyed her with my charming good looks and continued to mess with her throughout the day, this project was a bonus. While interviewing each other, I learned a lot about her, favorite color, what type of music she likes, and her in general. She's black and Dominican, favorite color is purple, and she has a horrible obsession with Chris Brown. But over the time of us working together, I caught feelings I wasn't looking to catch. Lots of stuff happened between us over the course of time not allowing us to be together, between her family and other guys, I just couldn't get in. But now I got her to myself, she's mine and only mine. Thanks to this project I've done something I've never done before, fell in love." My mouth dropped open.

"Megan any words?" The teacher asked. I stood there still stunned, "Um I need some air." I choked out as I ran out of the classroom. I heard Drake follow behind me as I headed outside. "Megan!" Drake called after me. "It's okay I'm not expecting you to say it back. I just wanted you to know."

I just nodded, "That was so sweet Drake. I really wish I could say I love you back, but I'm not ready." He nodded, "I know you're not and I'm fine with that, let me just ask you something."

I looked up, "Yes?"

"Megan, will you be my girlfriend?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter, I wanted to update as soon as possible so it ended up short. Next update should be soon hopefully.

~AuggiePooh