Nine

The Date(s)

🌸🌸🌸

Lana sat on her bed. She couldn't stop tapping her leg. She had her date with Luke tonight and was stressed out. She had never been on a date. She turned her head when she heard a knock on her window. Hyde was in her tree, trying to get in.

Lana let him in. He looked good, he always looked good even when he doesn't try. Lana walked to the bed and flopped down. She couldn't believe what she was about to ask him?

"So why did you need me to come here?" Hyde asked sitting on her desk.

"You promise not to laugh-" Lana said sticking her pinky out, Hyde smiled a little before going to over to the girl and pinky promised. 

"I have a date tonight and I'm nervous and I want to go on a practice date with you?" Lana said not looking Hyde in the eyes.

Hyde looked annoyed, he got up and started walking round Lana's room. He ran a hand through his hair. He sighed loudly and didn't make eye contact with Lana. She felt bad. She didn't think it was a big deal to ask.

She walked up to him and out her hand on his shoulder. He looked down at he and his face was unreadable. "Why did you ask me? Why not Kelso or Fez?" 

Lana sighed, "Kelso is dating Jackie and Fez would think i'm in love with him or something".

Hyde looked conflicted. Lana felt bad. She knew they had something, whatever that was, but she figured he would be cool with this. "please Hyde"

"The things you make me do for you Lana Forman"

🌸🌸🌸

Lana and Hyde drove to this restaurant and order food. Lana wore the outfit she was going to wear with her real date later. She on bell bottoms with a white top which was embroidered with flowers. Lana was super nervous for some reason, she didn't know why it was just Hyde.

"You okay?" He suddenly said, Lana looked up from her menu, she felt weird looking into his eyes now. Lana just nodded as the waiter came and took their orders.

Lana kept looking around at everything but Hyde, then all of a sudden She felt Hyde grab her hand. She looked up at him and gave him a small smile. He smiled back.

"You need to calm down. It's just a date." Hyde said rubbing her hand with his thumb," It's just me."

🌸🌸🌸

Hyde and Lana walked home and snuck into Lana's room so Red didn't see. The rest of the 'date's went amazing. Lana loosened up and they had a great time. Hyde payed even though Lana offered to. Lana locked the door as Hyde flopped on her bed.

Lana laughed at his boyish behavior. She on a Beetles record and laid down next to Hyde. They talked about school and the usual stuff. Soon they just sat there in silences.