The New Red Pt. 1

You stood by the fireplace now wearing more comfortable clothing than in the tower. You were waiting impatiently for the front door to ring. Right now it was only you and Alfred in the house since everyone was still out doing their own thing. You sighed as the plan ran through your mind. Welcome Debra into the Manor, keep everything a secret until Bruce decides it's safe enough to let her know.

Y/N: I hope this works out.

Alfred entered the room like a pimp and asked if you would need anything and you just told him tea. He left to make it as you heard the alert go off. You took a deep breath and headed out towards the front. You had given her the secret way in so she didn't have to deal with the paparazzi. You opened the doors and spotted her walking your way with a backpack. She saw you and immediately blushed.

The cover story you gave her was that the Waynes owed you a favor so they offered to take her in. She thanked him 100 times over the phone and swore to go straight. Guess time will tell. She reached the steps and looked at you. You just smiled.

Y/N: Debra?

She nodded.

Y/N: I heard a lot about you. Come on in. We're making tea.
----------
The two of you sat in the living room while Alfred served you both tea. She was just looking around in amazement while you were studying her. You could get a read on anything malicious going on. You relaxed a bit.

Alfred: So Ms. Dennis....

Debra: Actually it's, Quinzel.

Alfred raised an eyebrow while looking at you. You just shrugged.

Alfred: Very well. Ms. Quinzel, would you like anything else?

Debra: No thank you. I appreciate the tea. It's very good.

Alfred smiled smugly.

Alfred: We shall get along famously.

He shot a look at you then walked off to another room. You just rolled your eyes.

Debra: So, if it's ok, can I ask what your relation to Beyond is?

You smiled. Time to be Y/N not Batman.

Y/N: He's a good friend to the family. He helped us out during tough times. Saved us more than once as well.

She nodded.

Debra: So does that mean you guys know the other bats as well?

You shook your head.

Y/N: Only him. We know of the others but not personally. They kind of do their own thing.

Debra let out a breath she was holding.

Debra: Thank goodness. I thought they would be watching me 24/7. Not that there's anything wrong with it especially considering my past.

You looked at her and tried to think of some way to help. You pulled a Bruce and put a hand on her shoulder for comfort.

Y/N: We won't judge you here. I promise. The Manor is your home and you can think of us as your family. Trust me, you do6need to be blood related.
-----------
And she didn't. Though it took some time, the others eventually warmed up to her. Rick, still with no memory, was the first to become close to her after you. He would often come around to visit and the two bonded over their gymnastics. Barbara took a bit longer but she did try. She accepted that she lived in the Manor but after some very, very, deep investigating, she deduced that Debra wasn't a threat. Tim, Cass, and Stephanie immediately took a liking to her and often hung out with her and you on their off days while keeping in touch during their "trips" out of town.