The Black Mirror Pt. 1

You slowly opened your tired eyes to find that you were alone in bed. You slowly sat up and looked around the room to see that it was completely empty of anyone but you.

You got out of bed and yawned as you left your room and entered the living room where you smelt the sudden smell of food. You made it to the kitchen area where you found Cassandra and a surpised visitor.

Alfred: Good morning, Master Y/N.

Alfred was dressed in his usual uniform but had Cassandra's apron on as he cooked some eggs. You looked over to Cassandra to see that she was already dressed for school. You don't know if you'll ever get used to seeing her in a skirt.

Y/N: Hey, Alf. What are you doing here?

Alfred: Is that not obvious?

You just walked over to the island where he placed a plate of food in front of you while Cassandra already had hers.

Y/N: Don't get me wrong, Alf, but we can take care of ourselves.

Alfred: I am very aware. I assume you can make yourself food if you can safely land a plane from the outside.

You smiled smugly at your achievement as you ate your eggs.

Cassandra: These are good. Thank you.

Alfred: No issue at all Ms. Cain.

Y/N: You are truly a saint, Alf. How are things at the Manor?

Alfred: Ms. Gordon had stopped by last night to have dinner with me while Master Damien will be returning for the upcoming Fall break.

That was good. You loved Alfred and you didn't want him to be all alone in that big mansion. Debra and Terry had lived there for a while but they ended up moving into the new hidden base over in Mt. Justice with the rest of the Titans.

Cassandra looked at you and saw that you were still wearing your pajamas. She hit your elbow and pointed toward your bed room.

Cassandra: Get dressed.

You rolled your eyes and picked up your plate so you could put it away in the sink. Alfred ended up taking it from your and began to clean it. You just stood there awkwardly before you headed back to your bedroom where you got ready for the day.

As you were pulling on your blazer, your phone began to ring on your nightstand. You reached over and picked it up before answering.

Y/N: Hello?

Kate: Hey, kid.

You looked at your phone and smiled.

Y/N: Hey, Kate. I haven't heard from you in a while.

Kate: I know. Sorry about that. Things got a bit busy for me.

Y/N: It's fine. Are you back in Gotham?

Kate: Yeah. Figured since you were Batman now, you could use some help.

You shrugged. Seems like you had a pretty good handle on things.

Y/N: I appreciate it. I guess I could use someone to help mentor the others. Jason is great and all but, yeah.

Kate laughed on the other line.

Kate: Alright. I'll take care of it. Oh, and Alfred said you moved into the apartment.

Y/N: Yeah. I didn't feel right working out of the Manor anymore.

Kate: I get that. Regardless, I was surpised to hear that Cassandra moved in with you.

Of course Alfred told her.

Kate: As long as the two of you are responsible, I don't care.

Y/N: Yeah. We'll behave.

Kate: Good. I'll talk to you later.

Y/N: Sounds good. Later.

You hung up and headed back into the living room. You stopped when you reached the balcony doors. You looked out the window confused.

Alfred: Trouble sleeping, Master Y/N?

Y/N: I suppose that depends on whether we're seeing the same thing through this window, Alfred.

Outside, on the balcony, were three large vultures. Very mean looking vultures.

Alfred: I am afraid so.

Y/N: Hm. Just making sure.
-------
You sat at your desk without much interest. School always seemed so dull to you. Your eyes drifted over to where Stephenie sat to see that she was just as bored. Your eyes then moved to the window. You stared at the blue sky for a moment before you sighed.

You suddenly saw something move out of the corner of your eye and looked down to see some boys in the courtyard below. Upon closer inspection, you noticed that one of them was being pushed ahead. They seemed to be looking around as if they were afraid to be caught. You ended up raising your hand.

Teacher: Yes, Mr. Wayne?

Y/N: May I go to the bathroom?

The teacher nodded and went back to teaching while you got up and left the room. Stephanie didn't even look up since you didn't raise suspicion. You made your way through the halls and down the stairs before you reached the ground floor where you had seen the boys enter.

You ended up in the school's pool where you heard laughter. You snuck around before you found a place where you were peeking into the actual pool area. You found the boys there all surrounding the boy that you saw getting pushed around. You recognized this boy. He was Dana Redford. He was a lower classmen, maybe Damien's grade?

The boys were picking on him a bit too harshly which just made you beyond furious. They just don't get that living in Gotham is hell enough as it is. This kid didn't need all of this with it.

You watched as the biggest boy, some bald kid, moved forward and slammed Dana against the wall. The boys began to laugh as they took his money and began to leave. You stepped forward to do something, but you were too late. In truth, you should have stepped in earlier. You should had said something.

What happened next, was on your mind well into the night.

Dana, now finally having enough, rushed forward and tackled Dana into the water. You watched as the water began to turn red and the leader emerge from the water with a blood curdling scream as he held his arm. Your eyes widened when you saw that he was missing a large chunk from it. It was as if something bit through it.

Then, Dana emerged. He wasn't a 12 year old boy anymore. He was a monster. A large, green, scaly monster with claws and fangs.

Even with Cassandra laying her head against your chest and the kisses she gave you and the warm embraces, you could stop thinking about this monster who had once been a boy.