Chapter 23

The ride was nice. It was smooth. It wasn't too long. The closer we got, the more nervous I became.

“Ok guys five more minutes and we're there.” Christina said. Karlie and Charles squealed in the back as they bounced excitedly in their seats.

Five minutes felt more like five seconds. Soon we pulled in the driveway of this huge beach styled home that was blue and trimmed in white. They were two cars already parked out front.

The house looked super big, and comfortable, and you could definitely see the beach from here. You could even smell the salt water smell in the air. Christina pulled in and parked behind a black truck. My breathing got super short.

“And we here.” Christina smiled as she cut off the truck. I began to unbuckle Camden from his seat. He was wide awake now.

Karlie and Charles went ahead and slid open the doors to get out. They were super stoked about this.

“Can we get out now?” Karlie asked.

“Sure.” I said. They jumped out the van quickly. I got Camden out his seat, and he smiled at me.

“Hey man.” I smiled back at him.

I nervously stepped out the car, and held Camden.

I opened the door for Ka'Diah. I reached over her and unbuckled her seat belt.

She stepped out the car, and stretched.

“You ok babe?” I asked her.

She nodded her head yes.

Christina came and stood beside me.

“You ready?” Christina asked.

“I guess so.” I said swallowing hard.

“You'll be fine I promise. Look at me Kay.” Christina said.

I looked at her.

“You'll be fine. I wouldn't have brought you if I didn't think you'd fit right in. Just relax.” Christina said softly.

“Ok.” I said.

“I got you.” Christina said giving me a kiss. Her lips were so sweet.

I smiled as we walked to the front door.

Just be cool, and remain calm at all times.

Christina knocked, and I wanted to run the other damn way.

I heard talking behind the door. I saw someone peek out the window.

“Daddy it's Aunty Chris!” somebody shouted as they unlocked the door. She didn't tell me she had nephews and shit.

“Aunty Chris! Hey!” a tall light skinned hazel eyed boy squealed.

He looked like a teenager with his kinky curly low brown cut hair. I realized that kids these days seem like they getting bigger and bigger. What are they feeding these kids? This boy was tall like Ka'Diah but Ka'Diah might have him by a few inches.

“Hey Xavier! Look at you, you're huge.” Christina said as we came in.

“Yep I ate all my veggies, and it all worked out.” he smiled.

“I see. Anyway umm this is my girlfriend Kaliya, and she's holding her nephew Camden, that's Karlie, Charles and Ka'Diah. Say hi.” Christina said. My heart pounded. Just smile and be polite.

He smiled at us all.

“Hey guys.” he smiled.

“Chris!” someone shouted out. A dark brown skinned man with wavy black low cut hair, big brown eyes, a nicely trimmed mustache in a light blue button up shirt, and khaki shorts entered the room. He smiled a one hundred watt smile once he saw Christina.