Chapter 38

The Dal laboratory was infiltrated once again. Instead of the Angel's Executioner and their assistants going in to get rid of the virus, it was another group; quite a strange combination. With the help of Casper, Brian found himself with Threatening and Ma171 trespassing through the lab easily and found what they're looking for with ease. The scientists inside the laboratory called for help in desperation but alas with Maili by their side, no electronic devices obeyed them and the world can never hear the scientists' despairing cries for help.

A middle aged woman leaned onto a glass wall for support. She widened her eyes in horror as she stared at the brutal killer in front of her. Her breathing was ragged and she was fighting for her life, fighting against that stiletto slash in her gut that was making her eyes tired and heavy. "M-Monster." She breathed.

Brian Speller looked down at the woman before decapitating her within a second without any reluctance. In a flash, the head fell onto the floor, staining the tiled floors and the walls. The Yoake in Brian's hand glinted with malice as blood dripped down from the blade. The valued katana of the Itenokami household was stained with blood once again. No surprise - it's a blade destined to be stained with blood. Brian will have to cleanse the Yoake on their way back to the agency. The corpse finally collided with the floor and the human was no more. "I agree." Brian said simply before turning away. "Brian, let's go," a Kashmiri grenadier said as he walked into Brian's field of vision, "Casper and Maili got some data and another capsule with the virus."

As if on cue, the said-white haired boy in an Icelandic sweater walked into Brian's field of vision along with Ma171. Casper gave Brian a nod as the sky-blue haired robot beamed. "Don't worry, I copied all the data I can get my hands on and sent them to Miss Lydie!" The robot then looked at the giant computer at the far back of the room with a wrench stuck inside the screen, "let's head back now!"

"Where's the virus?" Brian asked. Ma171 paused for a second before pointing at her stomach. "It's in here." Ma171 said. Brian nodded. He knew Miss Lydie implemented a storage area into the robot's stomach. Very much like a toy with a place to put batteries.

With that, Brian, Casper and Ma171 quickly headed outside with Threatening following close behind with a small switch in his hand. He pressed down on the small button and the laboratory was no more, causing the laboratory to implode after a dangerous explosion. There was no turning back now. They got everything they can get their hands on in the laboratory. The four walked away in a laidback manner as the smoke and fire raged and seethed behind them.

The four hopped inside a black car and headed off, towards the agency in London. Ma171 was talking to someone, presumably Fuze while driving the car about upcoming plans. Casper on the other hand pulled out a book and began to read. Threatening timidly peered over to read Casper's book too.

"M-Monster..."

The scientist's last word echoed repeatedly in Brian's head like a broken tape record. Brian just closed his eyes in response. Why yes, he is indeed a monster and he will always be one.

***

The four reached the agency lab rather quickly. On their way to the laboratory, they came across Mr. Häyhä who didn't say anything but gave off a hostile vibe (glaring at Casper mostly which surprised Brian being given he was Mr. Häyhä's most hated subordinate in the Agency. Mr. Häyhä tried to kill Brian multiple times in Brian's many harsh training back when he first joined the Agency). Maili slammed opened the door to the laboratory. "Gentlemen first!" She chimed. Everyone strolled in as the robot let them in first, grinning like a child.