Extended Summary📖

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Metanoia (Greek): The journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life.🌌

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Extended summary.

Cynical realist, Asa, has a past painted in bitter brushes of pain and regret. After getting kicked out by her mother who wants nothing to do with her, she moves in with her aunt, into a new city which was supposed to be a fresh start at a new place where no one knows her name or what she's done.

She's convinced that miracles and happy endings don't exist and she has successfully built a wall around herself and protected her heart with claws and teeth so that no one, not even her best friends, can come in...

But one conversation with Kam changes everything.

Kam, the honey-eyed, European exchange student with his camaraderie and infectious charisma brings all her walls crashing down and makes her question everything she's always believed was true about her life.

The more time she spends with Kam makes him seem more celestial to her and in no time, she finds herself falling for this brown eyed boy that spoke with enough conviction and strength to bring other worlds into existence.

But when Asa finds out that Kam has demons of his own. Demons that he tries to hide behind quick smiles, loud laughs and a carefree personality. A yawning void, a gaping hole that he's trying and failing to fill up. Asa is the one who teaches him to remain calm in the face of reality and stop trying to fill voids and fix messes.

With Asa's past slowly catching up with her, drama, bitter rivalries, love triangles, financial difficulty in her new home and the single demon of her comprising past coming back into the picture, Asa feels like she's being drowned in raging torrents of fear and anxiety. Kam is the one who takes her by the hand and shows her what it means to find true peace.