07: Beautiful👩🏽‍🦳

Kam

Kam

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"I'll pick you out
In a crowded place."
━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Monday lunch breaks were the absolute best!

I shared Monday and Wednesday lunch breaks with all my best friends and we usually ditched the cafeteria in favour of Bread Basket, a popular cafe/restaurant, where most students from our school hangout. But when I saw Asa walk in, I loved Mondays even better.

At the booth where I sat, Lola and Dave were currently bickering over something ordinary, Osahon, trying to prevent collateral damage between his best friend and his girlfriend. Amir and Jordan watched patiently, albeit, wagering on the winner in the end.

"I'm telling you. Igbo girls are the finest!" Dave was saying smugly. "Girl, have you seen 'em."

Lola rolled her eyes. "We have a lot of Igbo girls already in our school. I'm not sure it's the same eyes we're using to look at them."

"It's not the same, dummy! You have your eyes and I have mine."

Lola rolled her eyes. "Of course not. You're short sighted, so technically, this isn't even an argument, since I can see better than you. Yoruba girls are the most beautiful. Right, Hon?" She turned to her boyfriend, a hopeful, yet, threatening look in her dark dark eyes.

Osahon choked on his Bigi Cola. "Sure, babe. Yoruba girls are the best."

Lola smiled smugly and Dave cried out, betrayed. "Really, dude?! What happened to bros before hoes?"

"You did not just call me a hoe, scrawny!"

Amir snickered beside me and I was about to prevent world war three from happening when the front door opened and I looked up and found out who it was.

Asa.

Suddenly, all the noise from Dave and Lola blurred out, as I stared. And stared.

My heart constricted painfully inside my chest, every time I looked at her and the sight of her literally took my breath away.

She commanded attention without trying to. Immediately she walked in, everyone seemed to stop and look at her. Tongues already wagging.

She was very beautiful but her perpetual scowl made her look unapproachable. She walked with a perfect blend of confidence and imperial grace that I haven't found in other girls. She was confident and bold, but she walked with a coy, hesitant gait. Reluctant to be noticed or paid attention to. At the same time, she was graceful. She seemed to glide, like her feet weren't touching the ground.

She walked up to the counter and ordered, her pretty pink lips, moving as she mumbled what she wanted to eat, waiting patiently for her order.

Despite her scowl, she looked very beautiful. She had a dainty, willowy figure with slender curves not hidden in her immaculate uniform. Her hair was done in two braids, all the way to her ass.