Evening

Amelia sat across from Zane at the same table where Mason and her had their first real impression on each other. Her arms were resting in her lap as she looked to Zane who was looking right back in her eyes. His eyes tried to pierce hers but she was too tired and uninterested to be bothered by them.

He was a scary man. He could probably kill her with his bare hands with ease. His temper far surpassed his brother a well. His shoulders were broad and pulled the white dress shirts he always seems to wear taught. His pecs stretched the shirt forward as well.

Over the time she has spent with this man he seemed to become more and more callous. He was like a balloon ready to pop. Amelia has met people like him before; hot headed and dangerous. Now however, she doesn't have her father to protect her.

Zane cut his steak and ate. His greens and mash potatoes had some bites also taken from them. He was calmly eating but it was obvious that he was getting irritated really fast when Amelia is refusing to eat with him again.

It was a strange feeling. To actually be scared of some thing other than a spider or the dark. To be scared of an actual threat that could potentially kill you. Amelia believed it was her struggle to grasp the sense of fear and actual danger that enabled her talk back and resist Zane.

Being watched over and protected all her life, especially after her incident years before, she never really had to face any dangers. She got to see many dangerous people at her fathers parties, but knowing she was untouchable she'd walk right up to them and shake their hand.

Perhaps that's why she hasn't gotten the sense to actually fear Zane. Her mind still thinks she's untouchable was her conclusion. Sounds pretty delusional for her to believe that after what happened at the pond. She can still feel the warmth of the bruise on her shoulders.

"Your stubbornness is gonna get you in trouble Amelia," Zane spoke quietly.

He seemed more composed than before at the pond. It was obvious he was mad, possibly just as mad as he was at the koi pond. Zane seems to actually be trying tonight to keep himself together.

Her silverware on either side of the plate have yet to be touched, nor has the food on her plate. It most likely has gone cold now. She looked across and saw that his plate was about clean.

She reached out to grab the fork, it was light in her hand. It shined proudly as she tilted it to see the flawless reflection move across it.

Amelia sighed, missing her kitchen at home. The fork was still being toyed with by her small fingers.

"Taking me seems to be putting you in trouble as well," she said coolly.

Zane set his silverware down and pushed his plate forward to give himself some room. Leaning back he glanced over Amelia's features.

She was a dark blue casual dress. It hid the bruises on her arm and shoulder. He hasn't seen her smile since his brother introduced himself at the pond.

"What's it gonna take to make you eat with me?"

There was silence. Amelia seemed to think long and hard about it. Zane thought about numerous ideas she would probably bring up. Carter was one he was certain she would ask for or to see her brother.

Amelia shrugged her shoulders, "I don't really know." She spoke honestly.

Zane saw it. If he wasn't paying attention he wouldn't have noticed it. A faint smile graced her lips for the smallest second.

"Probably when stockholm syndrome sets in."

"That's not funny."

Amelia smiled now, it was a real smile. It was warm smile that barely creased her soft features. Setting the fork down she leaned back to in her chair.