▲ Sleep Positions ▲

Like many aspects of sleep, men and women have different preferences and needs for sleep positions. Studies suggest women are twice as likely to prefer sleeping in the fetal position compared to men.

》Recently, scientists and experts have analyzed the links between sleep position and personality. According to their research, our sleep position can provide insights into our personalities, mood, and approach to life.

》Sleeping on your stomach is associated with defensiveness and sensitivity to criticism. Researchers suggest that stomach sleepers may feel overwhelmed and lack control in their lives.

Sleeping in a fetal position is associated with sensitivity and a desire for comfort, according to research. Fetal position sleepers may be organized and tend to overthink things. Despite any reserve, research suggests they are warm-hearted underneath.

Sleeping on your back is linked to self-confidence. Back sleepers may also exhibit stubbornness and have high expectations for themselves and others.
The position of your arms—whether down at your sides (reserved) or outstretched (relaxed, open-minded)—could also influence these traits.

Side sleeping, a popular position, is associated with being relaxed, open-minded, and able to compromise.
Sleeping on your right side may be linked to certain habits, while left side sleepers are often considered creative and well-educated.
The position of your arms—whether at your sides (trusting, possibly gullible) or outstretched (tough on oneself and others, possibly suspicious, also curious)—may also influence your personality, outlook, and behavior.

》Research suggests a correlation between sleep position and dream type.

Right-side sleepers may experience fewer dreams than left-side sleepers.

Back sleepers may also be more likely to experience nightmares, and research suggests they may have difficulty recalling their dreams.

Stomach sleepers, according to studies, tend to experience more vivid, intense, and sexual dreams. They are also more likely to have dreams in which they feel immobilized or restrained.