Chapter twenty six (unedited)

Chapter twenty-six

Convincing dad and Rebecca to move again were tough. Both of them along with me had developed an attachment to this town. We've been staying here for the longest time. But when I promised dad that I will never ask for moving again, he agreed. Rebecca, however, was going to stay here.

Not that I want her coming with us.

The morning rolled in quickly. I managed to get a few hours of sleep. I had to say goodbye to everyone without them noticing. The most difficult is going to be Caleb.

I sigh and stand under the shower for some time. The sun hasn't been woken up yet. It is still quite dark outside. Caleb is going to pick me up and we are going to leave together for school.

I hope this weekends slowly.

I dress up and make my way downstairs to make myself breakfast. I go for simple scrambled eggs. Peacefully, I eat them while pondering about other good things. I hear the honking of the car and assume it to be Caleb. I leave a sticky note saying goodbye before rushing off outside. The car window is rolled down.

It's morning 6:35 yet Caleb is looking charming.

He smiles as I hop into his car. "Good morning," he mutters. I wish him back and then we drive off towards the school.

●●●

The students have gathered upon the school campus and the buses are ready. Everyone is dressed in camping outfits. Caleb's hand is laced in mine and due to that gesture, my heart is hammering in my chest. Selena sees are hands and offers me a small wink. I blush and we walk towards the bus.

The buses are huge and air-conditioned which makes me sad. I usually like travelling when the windows are open and I can feel the air. Shaking the small frown away from my face, I walk towards the second seat from the last. Caleb sits beside me. Selena and Wes are in front of us whilst Charles and Ellie are beside us in the other row.

Once the bus fills up and the guide along with a teacher counted the students, the drives yells woohoo before driving off.

Throughout the travel, we waste no time and continuously dance in a small space or sing. When everyone was busy enjoying, I decided to take a break and sit back. A tear falls down my eye when I realize that this is going to be my last week with all of these amazing people. Caleb notices me and sits down.

"What's wrong?" He asks in a soft voice.

I shake my head and remind silent before laying my head on his shoulder. I feel him smile as he snuggles close to me. I interlock our fingers before the remainder of my sleep takes over me.

●●●

We reach the camping site. There is an open ground in the centre. Tents to one side and foodshed to the other. The guide orders us to get ready and freshen up in twenty minutes and meet at the foodshed as that will be the assembly point.

Selena, Ellie and I are in one tent. Girls section and boys section has been separated to avoid consequences. Noone allowed to enter the opposite gender's section or else they will be responsible for cleaning plates of all the students.

The tent is small and cosy. It has three beds for three of us. We had to hurry up because there was just one bathroom. Thirty minutes later, we assemble at the point. Everyone was divided into groups of eight people. I was the leader of my group which included just one of my friends while others were strangers.

Selena, Kanye, Tina, Harrison, Dave, Eden, Jimmy and I.

We named ourselves as Ravenclaws (even though I am a Gryffindor. Five out of the eight people were Ravenclaws.)

The guide told us that our first task was making a correct map. We were allowed to roam and picture our surroundings as a map for ten minutes then come back, grab a piece of paper and begin drawing it.

Ravenclaws divided themselves into the group of two and separated our ways. Ten minutes later, all of us were indulged in drawing the map out. Various groups began submitting their piece whilst we just struggled in arranging the elements.

After a lot of hard work, we finally submitted our work.

●●●

All the groups surrounded around the campfire. Today wasn't really eventful. The guide said that the real activities were going to begin from tomorrow. It was about nine in the evening. We had our dinner and were waiting for the guide to make further announcements.

"Kids," he called us out. "Now, we are going to dance!" He cheered before playing rock songs. The students bellowed and scattered themselves to dance along with their friends. Our group gathered and I began dancing. My body swayed on the music and it felt good. I don't dance very often but today it was different. I actually enjoyed doing it.

Two hours passed by in dancing. At sharp eleven p.m. the guide called it a day and ordered everyone to be ready by seven in the morning. We yawned and made our way towards the tent. The girls and I changed into nightwears.

"Guys, let's play truth or dare!" I suggested.

Ellie yawned. "I'm going to bed. I'm tired."

Selena nodded. "Yeah. Good night." She said before laying on the bed and dozing off in a few minutes. Ellie yawned once again and went to bed before telling me to switch the lights off. I pouted and was about to go to bed when I heard something strange. A shiver ran down my spine. The strange noise came again from the window. I gulped and slowly walked towards it.

"Amber, it's me. Caleb!" He said and I let out a sigh.

Oh, God. He scared the shit out of me.

(I wonder what Caleb is up to.)

)