24 | Concede

Miesha

As I opened my eyes, my face was buried against his stomach. Inhaling his shirt, the warmth of him was an electric blanket as he wrapped one arm across my torso and the other on the back of my head. Feeling the moisture in the corner of my mouth, I noticed my drool had dampened his shirt. Great.... 

Hearing him chuckle caused me to lift my head up, still weary from my sleep as I wiped the traces of moisture from my cheek, "What's so funny?" 

Traces of finger tips sketched their way along my side, "I didn't say anything..." 

"Uh huh..." 

"Well if you must know, I've enjoyed the thought of you drooling in my lap many a times... but the reality is so much more adorable than I'd envisioned." 

Scoffing loudly, I elbowed him hard before pushing myself off his lap, "Keep dreaming..." 

~

Waking up in Gabriel's arms was something I didn't realize I'd yearned for. But as I ambled to the kitchen for a morning coffee, I questioned how I'd be able to sleep without him again.

As I poured the boiling water into the two mugs, I felt Gabriel snake his arms around me as his lips rested in the crevice of my neck. My wolf stirred. If she had her way, he'd have marked me well before now. In fact, she'd have marked him first. My eyes flickered as I felt her claw to the surface with just the thought of it.  

Almost inaudible, he half grumbled against my neck, "Are you meeting James to train with the pack this morning?" 

My response was terse as I swallowed down a gasp, "Yes." 

Leaning back into his chest, my vision lost focus as I melted against him. Turning, I handed him his favorite charcoal colored mug, carefully avoiding eye contact in a futile attempt to keep my wolf at bay. Ignoring my deflection, he bent me backwards against the counter, placing his mug beside me as he did so. 

"Good. I'll take you. I'm heading down there myself to train the juveniles." 

It felt like we were hanging by a moment, each of us waiting to see who would move first, but neither bold enough to do so lest risk fracturing the moment together. 

Feeling his proximity blush my cheeks, I let my desire take over. Spinning quickly, I pushed him hard against the counter to reverse our roles. As the silence hung between us, my finger tips explored his jaw... his neck... and then, the trace of his lips. Taking mental note of every hair... freckle... line... he didn't so much as move, his stillness eyeing my surrender. 

Keeping one hand against his jaw and the other kneading his bicep with fervency, I let out a sigh of relief as I refused to fight myself anymore. At my wolf's demand, my lips plunged to his... my vulnerability falling to the floor. 

Excuses... it is a demand from us both...

Enraptured in the moment, I continued to writhe against him in a surging tide that evoked feelings I never thought possible. It didn't feel invasive.... it felt liberating. Deepening our kiss, I felt a tremor slide up my spine, as my body begged for more. As I softly grasped at his jaw, I felt Gabriel travel over every inch of my lips with his tongue as I finally gave him full entrance. Feeling his tongue toy with mine, I gave into his wordless request to explore further. Lolling my head backwards, he took control... his gaze predatory as his inky orbs flashed before me. 

In between his billowing breaths, he paused. "You're the sweetest thing I've ever tasted..."  

Our eyes locked, his forehead resting against mine as his fingers drew wisps on my cheek. 

A few moments passed. We stood entwined before his brows furrowed, uneasiness coating the air. He pulled away. 

I was confused. 

"Did I do something wrong?"

Turning away from me, he headed to the living room, calling out his response from over his shoulder, "Never, Miesha."  

Stomping behind him, I grabbed him by the shoulder, ripping him around to face me, "Don't fucking lie to me Gabriel, you don't get to walk away from me... not after that...

His Adam's apple rose and fell when he finally swallowed before speaking, "James mind-linked me. The Sandstone Pack has been attacked, Alpha Greyson... I need to go." 

I knew what this meant. He was closing in on us. On me. 

There was no hesitation. "I'm coming with you." 

I was adamant. I wanted to help. I wanted to help those who had helped me. I wanted to protect my pack. 

"It's not fucking happening Miesha. I am organizing Adrienne to stay here with you while I deal with this."

He was resolute, and I felt confined... anger bubbling under my skin ready to spill over.  

Poking his chest, I pushed him backwards, "The fuck? You don't get to command me Gabriel. You forget I am your equal."  

"Christ Miesha!" Throwing his arms in the air, his frustration broke out in a low rumble, "This isn't a feminist discourse analysis, it's for your safety! I haven't marked you, I can't mind-link you, I can't predict what I will find..." His voice softened before he continued, "I can't promise your safety." 

Venom laced my words, "So I am to stay here and be useless then? Is that how it is Alpha?" 

His eyes spoke his challenge as he narrowed the distance between us, "Yes. It fucking is." 

Tears began streaming from my face as I hunched over my knees, my hair draping over my form. 

"You promised me Gabriel, you promised me I wouldn't lose you..."  

Grabbing my shoulders up and sweeping my hair off my face, he lifted my chin before offering a gentle smile, "And I will keep it. But you need to trust me. You must stay here."  

Gently tipping my forehead down, he left his parting gift in the outline of his lips on my temple. 

"I won't rest until you are back." 

"Nor will I." 

And with that, he turned and walked out the door. 

Thank you for reading

Don't forget to vote and comment if you are enjoying my story.