Chapter Forty-One: Follow God

"Father, I stretch my hands
Stretch my hands to you

Lifelike, this is what your life like, try to live your life right
People really know you, push your buttons like type write
This is like a movie, but it's really very lifelike
Every single night right, every single fight, right?
I was looking at the 'Gram and I don't even like likes
I was screamin' at my Dad, he told me, "It ain't Christ-like"

I was screamin' at the referee just like Mike
Lookin' for a bright light, Sigel, what your life like
Riding on a white bike, feeling like excite bike (Stretch my hands to you)
Pressin' on the gas, supernova for a night light
Screamin' at my dad and he told me, "It ain't Christ-like"

-Kanye West (Follow God)

Kae:

"Out of a hundred and twenty candidates, all ten of you stand before me proving that you are above all, mentally and physically capable of moving the legacy of The Odyssey into the future. I watched all of you from the time you walked onto this facility battered and broken, now standing before my strong and confident. It gives me great pleasure to welcome you into our organization. Congratulations 25th division." The director congratulated us as we stood before her at attention. Today we were dressed in our new division uniforms and I have to say that they are so much better than the standard uniform we had previously worn. The attire was all black with a dark navy-blue accent to compliment the outfit. It felt good to know I finally had completed this program and was part of what this program was about.

There was going to be a period of serving in which we had to undergo, but it had me excited knowing I had the team with me throughout all of it. The future held so much, it was brighter than the hot desert sun that was beating on us at the moment.

We all clapped after the director spoke, she gave us a long-paused look before she held her hand up, "At ease. I've had enough of formation today." She said as she watched our bodies relax from the position we had just held a moment ago.

"Before I forget and get onto more important announcements. You will be receiving your share of the German bank heist soon, we need to get the hacking back end of it sorted out, so please bear with us at this time." She mentioned as she took a look through her notes.

We all looked at each other confused.

"Permission to speak, director!" Beijing called out to her.

"We are at ease Beijing, speak freely." She said as she continued to thumb through her notes.

Beijing cleared her throat and continued, "I think I can say we are all confused by what you mean by that...our cuts?" She further elaborated.

When we had completed the heist, it was never under the impression that we would get paid for it. We just did it because that was the final trial needed in order to complete our tasks and graduate, but what the director was saying kind of contradicted what we all were initially thinking.

The director looked up momentarily with an odd look. "Yes... your cut. The 2.7 billion will be split 11 ways, of course, the Odyssey will be taking their share for operational funds." She said going back into her book. Dubai who was standing beside me nudged my side repeatedly, I smiled lightly I could tell she was happy after what she heard come out of the director's mouth; around me, the girls sounded excited as well.

"Wait? So, the money is ours?" Mumbai spoke up for clarification.

"You think I would have you in a high stakes bank heist and not compensate you for your work? I mean we're mean here, but that's a bit too far...we get funded, so it's not a big deal for us to pay our soldiers." She flipped through a page and then closed her notebook with a quick snap before handing it to her assistant.