Chapter 53

We board a black space craft that is shaped like a large round ball. This ship is much bigger than the Black Star and the interior is divided into numerous compartments. I've repaired one like this before and I know they use it for longer excursions. 

Lucian's squad heads to the control room and they proceed to set up everything needed for navigation. I help where I can since I am now much more familiar with everything but my mind is slightly distracted. 

Lucian disappeared into one of the compartments the moment we boarded the space craft and I can't help but feel worried about him. 

Once we take off and all of us have activated our breather suits, I leave the rest and head to the back in search for him. 

I pass through a kitchen like space and then a segregated area which houses a small treadmill and some weights. As I reach the back I notice a small room with a make shift bed which faces a screen. I see Lucian sitting inside, leaning his head against the wall, watching whatever is on the screen in front of him.

He looks so worried and tired, all I want to do is walk in and hug him but I stay in place, watching him instead.

"You know he could use some company." I jump at the voice that startled me and immediately relax when I see Remulus leaning by the wall, facing me.

"I don't know if he wants my company," I admit truthfully. That is the only reason why I'm not in there with him right now. 

Remulus laughs softly. "And I thought guys were supposed to be the clueless ones. His mother is missing, Aria and he doesn't even know if she's alive. His probably panicking like shit as we speak. You should give Lulu a hug. You're the only one here who can."

He shrugs at me and then walks away, leaving me to stare at Lucian in deliberation. 

After pondering for hundredth time, I finally decide to knock on the door. Lucian looks up through the window patch and nods for me to enter.

"Hey," I say lamely. I sit down next to him and I can almost feel the tension radiating off him in the small confinements of this room. 

"Why are you here, Aria?" Lucian doesn't look at me. He is still looking at the screen which is divided into tiny squares. Each square shows different parts of the ship, even the control room and the view outside. 

The eyes are everywhere. 

The so called 'S's message echoes through my mind sending shivers down my spine. How much does Lucian see? How much does he know? 

"I just wanted to know if you need anything," I stutter when Lucian finally turns to face me. "Do you want a back massage?" I ask him knowing how much he enjoyed that.

Lucian gives me a half smile and then turns back to the screen. "You don't have to pretend to like me anymore, Aria. I know you hate me for what I did to those humans."

"I don't hate you." I gasp in surprise at his admission. This must be why he has become equally as distant. "It was just hard for me to accept. I am human too."

Lucian lets out a dark laugh and then leans back. "I didn't kill them because they were humans. I punished the Plutonian who beat up Rosie as well. Why can't the explanation simply be that they did something wrong? They broke the law, that's why they were executed. Would you be this angry if I had executed a bunch of Plutonians?"

I frown at his question but mostly because he is right about the last part. The truth is if a group of Plutonians had been killed for breaking the law I might actually be happy about it. 

I remain silent, feeling ashamed of this revelation.

"I don't blame you for feeling that way. We treat the human slaves so poorly, some are bound to hate us for it. Not all but some," Lucian admits and I clutch the soft material underneath tightly.